The Student Room Group

I want to txt my ex and I dont know what to do or if I should

I guess she's not really my ex but I can explain. It was never really a real real relationship, we lived far away. I only got to see her in person maybe like 4 or 5 times. Sometimes I doubted us, or ever considered cutting it off, but I never did, because at the end of the day I loved it. About a month at a half to two months ago she suddenly told me she didn't think she wanted us to continue talking. At the time I told her that was fine, whatever was best for her is what I wanted but it still hurt. I was also friends with one of her best friends and ended up seeming a bit too friendly, I never had any intentions but I ended up projecting the piece of our relationship that I missed onto her. I've tried texting her but ofc she knows that happened and I feel horrible. She hasn't unadded me so I still see her, and can text her even though I know I shouldn't. I want to text or call her so bad, and tell her I'm sorry and that I was stupid. and how much she always meant to me, and how she made my life better, and how I miss talking to her, and her being the only person in the world who truly cared about me always no matter what, and how if I had known she had felt like that and why I would've done it all over again, just to make her as happy as she should've been. But I don't think I should, or that I am even allowed to. I am so ******* depressed all the time and I don't know what to do. We never kissed, or did anything more or else, but somehow I can't let go. How do you guys do it?
Well it depends what are you intentions. You said that you realised how much she cared for you, so do you want to get back together with her?
When was the last time you contacted her? If its been a long while, then maybe she must have moved on and perhaps the reason she left in the first place was because you didn't appreciate her and she didn't feel your care/love.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Well it depends what are you intentions. You said that you realised how much she cared for you, so do you want to get back together with her?
When was the last time you contacted her? If its been a long while, then maybe she must have moved on and perhaps the reason she left in the first place was because you didn't appreciate her and she didn't feel your care/love.

You're right. My mum and granddad both got cancer this summer and I stopped calling her, and I took for granted that she would be there. I don't know what I want to be honest, she definitely doesn't care about me at all anymore. I want to talk to her again, I don't know if it'll make things better or worse but I want that at least to talk it over. maybe I do want to get back together, maybe I don't. But I still love her and I don't know what to do about it. Either we got back together or I wish my feelings would go away or I could get closure. but at the moment I just feel horrible.
I don't think you'll get closure by doting on them and trying to rekindle things, (be it friendship or more).

They've been fairly clear so I think you need to focus on other positive relationships in your life.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
I don't think you'll get closure by doting on them and trying to rekindle things, (be it friendship or more).

They've been fairly clear so I think you need to focus on other positive relationships in your life.

Thats exactly why I want to txt though. I want to see her, and give her her stuff back because I don't deserve to hold onto it anymore. And actually talk about it since I still don't know exactly what happened. And then maybe I can stop thinking about it. I dont think I can focus on other positive relationships in my life to be honest, since I don't really have any
Its always the case of taking a person's care and love for granted, and its only when they are gone and you finally realised it, thats when you regret it.
It was your choice to let her go. You said that two months ago when she said to stop talking you said its fine and you wanted the best for her, so why didn't you tell her how you felt that time instead of just letting go? Did you consider that after 2 months, she is already moved on with her life and for you to suddenly show up, have you thought about how that would influence her.
Also you claim that you loved her but yet you were being so friendly with her best friend, what does that say? If someone means alot to you, you wouldn't even dare do something to hurt them unless you didn't care but only when they are gone now that you actually realise how much they meant.

Please don't be selfish. We need to take responsible for our own actions and decisions.
Original post by Anonymous
Thats exactly why I want to txt though. I want to see her, and give her her stuff back because I don't deserve to hold onto it anymore. And actually talk about it since I still don't know exactly what happened. And then maybe I can stop thinking about it. I dont think I can focus on other positive relationships in my life to be honest, since I don't really have any

That's prefectly fine and a good way to draw a line under it. A quick "hey, it's been a while but I realised that I've still got a couple of your things. Would you like XYZ back?" is enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending