The Student Room Group

I still can't get over this embarrassing moment

Basically a couple of years ago in high school (now in sixth form), some kid in my year tripped me up and pushed me simultaneously in front of my whole year. All I can remember is everyone laughing at me, and the next day. I actually really hurt my knee, and it caused me quite a bit of pain for the next year (I fell on concrete). There was also a teacher outside who could see me but they just ignored it. During high school people had very low opinions of me due to various reasons; was extremely introverted and anti-social.

I still get so upset about it from time to time. I have no idea why. Everyone forgot about it a couple of days later but I don't know, I just can't. I tend to dwell. Can anyone help?
If you've done lots of things since that event and the bully faded into obscurity, then it should be even easier for you to forget about that
Original post by Anonymous
Basically a couple of years ago in high school (now in sixth form), some kid in my year tripped me up and pushed me simultaneously in front of my whole year. All I can remember is everyone laughing at me, and the next day. I actually really hurt my knee, and it caused me quite a bit of pain for the next year (I fell on concrete). There was also a teacher outside who could see me but they just ignored it. During high school people had very low opinions of me due to various reasons; was extremely introverted and anti-social.

I still get so upset about it from time to time. I have no idea why. Everyone forgot about it a couple of days later but I don't know, I just can't. I tend to dwell. Can anyone help?

I completely understand, although I have never been tripped, but people have teased me about liking a boy but yes they did end up forgetting about it, but I still remember it maybe because u felt really sad/embarssed about it thats why it stays with u for a long time, but trust me u will also forget about it, by trying not to be anti-social, go out more, experience the world. You will feel much better. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Wow, that kid was a dick.

Honestly, I think we all have those moments where we let our mind wander and they seem to gravitate towards the most embarrassing and cringe-inducing crap. I think, in order for you to get over those flashbacks you just need to accept that it happened, and that sure, it was embarrassing, but that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

I always say to myself: "Hey, Mark, inevitably there are gonna be a ton more embarrassing moments in your life, so why dwell on the past embarrassments when you've got future ones to look forward to? Especially now that you drink!"

So yeah, honestly you've just got to look at it less significantly and just frame the incident as a minor blip. Remember, you give power to your thoughts; you can choose to take it away from them too :h:
Yesterday before an exam, someone threw a banana peel at me. I thought a bird **** on my head.

The point is, there are dicks all around us, and there will always be dicks in life. But the important thing is not to let them get the better of you, because that's what they want. Now chin up and forget about it.
Reply 5
I used to be such a teachers pet back in dutchland so I volunteered to carry a big box full of puzzles to put it away after we finished playing a game and a kid tripped me so I had to spend a week hopping about :tongue:
I moved here in year 5 and didn't know any English so a bunch of kids were trying to get me to swear and say weird things even tho I knew what they were doing ¬_¬ *******s
I got pushed to the floor by some girl and her friends cos they didn't like my dress back in like year 8 on a mufti day :cry2:
I got told that no one likes me and to go die in a shithole by the same girls in year 9 and started crying during class :lol: (I'm in year 13 now, we hugged it out and they felt so bad they don't even remember doing it xD )
Some girl told my friend who was sitting next to me IN FRONT OF ME that she thought I looked like a donkey in year 10 (wrong I look like a monkey so jokes on her :colonhash:) - we also hugged it out when we got older.

Point is - people that are dicks to you doesn't mean they're bad people. I didn't even get it bad - was just silly kids being silly. Secondly, school is like that. Kids are mean. Everyone gets teased and there's ups and downs and **** so you just get over it. Everyone has had embarrassing moments they remember at 2am in the morning and cringe at, so it's fine it's normal when you finish school and go to uni you'll never see those people again. And usually you make good friends so it aint all that bad :3
Reply 6
Original post by z33
I used to be such a teachers pet back in dutchland so I volunteered to carry a big box full of puzzles to put it away after we finished playing a game and a kid tripped me so I had to spend a week hopping about :tongue:
I moved here in year 5 and didn't know any English so a bunch of kids were trying to get me to swear and say weird things even tho I knew what they were doing ¬_¬ *******s
I got pushed to the floor by some girl and her friends cos they didn't like my dress back in like year 8 on a mufti day :cry2:
I got told that no one likes me and to go die in a shithole by the same girls in year 9 and started crying during class :lol: (I'm in year 13 now, we hugged it out and they felt so bad they don't even remember doing it xD )
Some girl told my friend who was sitting next to me IN FRONT OF ME that she thought I looked like a donkey in year 10 (wrong I look like a monkey so jokes on her :colonhash:) - we also hugged it out when we got older.

Point is - people that are dicks to you doesn't mean they're bad people. I didn't even get it bad - was just silly kids being silly. Secondly, school is like that. Kids are mean. Everyone gets teased and there's ups and downs and **** so you just get over it. Everyone has had embarrassing moments they remember at 2am in the morning and cringe at, so it's fine it's normal when you finish school and go to uni you'll never see those people again. And usually you make good friends so it aint all that bad :3

Wow, you've been through loads. Feel a bit stupid now for dwelling on this one event. Definitely going to work on becoming a stronger person like you clearly are. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending