The Student Room Group

Anthology predictions for Edexcel English Language IGCSE June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Would they be so cruel that the Headless Goat would come up again? We've barely studied any of the texts in class, so I have to do them myself. Do you think it's worth risking not doing that one at all?
Original post by octoberrain
Would they be so cruel that the Headless Goat would come up again? We've barely studied any of the texts in class, so I have to do them myself. Do you think it's worth risking not doing that one at all?

I was honestly planning to skip that one, and Veronica for section B. Seriously, they'd be taking a real huge risk if they did that cuz they know so well that no one will prepare for it. But then again, I don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perhaps the most likely choices for section B in paper 2 would be.....Out,Out , Refugee Blues or even The Necklace (Last seen in 2009)!
Hey when do u Guys have ur English Exam......
I am from Sri lanka
When do u guys have ur English Exam
7th June is paper 1, and 9th is paper 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ya
Original post by Droneon
7th June is paper 1, and 9th is paper 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bro are u Srilankan too
Does anyone have the PDFs from Mr Hoyes GCSE website for the anthology help papers? The website is down. Or even printouts ?
Climate Change: Webpage
&
Refugee Blues
Original post by sulaimanali
Climate Change: Webpage
&
Refugee Blues

Are u Sure that these two are Coming
Original post by PearlDrummer
Are u Sure that these two are Coming

CC Webpage hasn't come at all so I'm most likely sure that's coming (If they don't play any tricks with us this time!).

The last part is between Refugee Blues/The Necklace..
Hey, My teacher predicted Passage to Africa because Alagiah just died meaning its current and the examiners love to bring up current topics to test you also on your general knowledge. So I would say that will most probably come up. But if it does , it will almost definitely be Climate Change as that is not only a current issue with renewable energy in the EU but also because it has NEVER come up before. Overall, I think Passage to Africa will come up as the examiners have been sneaky recently like in English Literature and therefore want people to just learn Climate Change and therefore separate the dumb and clever students.
Thanks for the info.

But Alagiah didn't die. He just tweeted something 10 hours ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
@sonia_bhayani
Original post by Thavee_J
Perhaps the most likely choices for section B in paper 2 would be.....Out,Out , Refugee Blues or even The Necklace (Last seen in 2009)!

The Necklace came up in the June 2014 2R paper though
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by octoberrain
The Necklace came up in the June 2014 2R paper though

Should we consider the R paper anthos? Because then we wouldn't have to be so worried about Climate change coming as it came in one of the recent R papers as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon
Should we consider the R paper anthos? Because then we wouldn't have to be so worried about Climate change coming as it came in one of the recent R papers as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would think it's reasonable to consider the R(Regional papers) as only 1 of the CC texts came up (The facts one). Don't forget there's 2 - the webpage and the facts.

The webpage is likely to be the one coming up for us this year as it hasn't been tested at all and is the last one to be tested! But then again Edexcel played a trick with OMAM character of Slim. Let's see..
Original post by 4Revan
Cheers mate! Yeah, in that case these three are the most likely to come up:

1. Climate change webpage - Greenpeace UK (hasn't come up yet)
2. Your guide to beach safety
3. Explorer's daughter

I really think it will be the Climate change webpage since it's the last anthology which has never come up yet.

charlottesacha99: The mocks are usually internally done by the school, I don't think they reflect which anthology is likely to come up. I've got my English A IGs coming up too, so if I can recommend, revise all, but focus mainly on these three.

For further information climate change WEB PAGE has been excluded from the current english specification so it wont come!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending