The Student Room Group

AQA French AS exam

Did anybody else have to flick through Spanish, German and past French listening tracks to get to the track for French June 2016? My MP3 did not have just French on it. Every 3rd recording was French and I had to skip so much and therefore lost a lot of time in the exam. Did everybody have this problem or should I appeal to AQA?
Reply 1
How horrible was it though!!! I don't know why I found it so hard, I could understand everything but it was just finding the needed content and besides some of the stuff they put in these exams french people never ever use!!!!! smh :frown:((
Reply 2
Original post by Rodgersd09
Nope, it should just have been your language... As far as I can gather, it's the centre's (your teacher's) responsibility to put your tracks onto the MP3s, maybe they made a mistake - have you asked them about it? Damn, sounds frustrating :/

La vie? C'est la vie.

ah okay, thank you, I did tell them so now they are requesting special consideration from the exam board. Really annoying though. Thank you for letting me know though
Reply 3
Original post by onlylimit
How horrible was it though!!! I don't know why I found it so hard, I could understand everything but it was just finding the needed content and besides some of the stuff they put in these exams french people never ever use!!!!! smh :frown:((

I found it quite hard as well! And the reading question where it asked you about synonyms! I'd never come across anything like that before and it completely threw me off.
Hi guys! Does anyone know if there will be an unofficial mark scheme coming out?
Reply 5
Original post by BeckyQuirke
I found it quite hard as well! And the reading question where it asked you about synonyms! I'd never come across anything like that before and it completely threw me off.

I just wrote exactly what was said tbh... Hoping and praying that I heard it right :tongue: which essay did you go for?
Reply 6
Original post by patricianature
Hi guys! Does anyone know if there will be an unofficial mark scheme coming out?

Would be good, but no sign so far...
Reply 7
Original post by 09HB
I just wrote exactly what was said tbh... Hoping and praying that I heard it right :tongue: which essay did you go for?

Q12, about smoking. It asked you to list the reasons why some young people smoke and what can be done to reduce young smokers. Which one did you do?
I found this exam so tough. I've only ever seen something similar to the synonym question once - and even still it threw me off. Didn't mind the listening as much, but the reading was awful! For the writing, I chose question 11 about family disputes but I struggled the whole way through. Praying that my A2 exam goes better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by BeckyQuirke
Q12, about smoking. It asked you to list the reasons why some young people smoke and what can be done to reduce young smokers. Which one did you do?

That's interesting, most of my class went for that one too. I did the music one, asking why music is so popular and whether it is a good or a bad influence overall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending