The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths foundation

Hey everyone, how did you all find the foundation paper? I'm unsure of how i feel, I feel it had a lot more questions I knew how to work out, or half work out anyway haha! However I'm still pretty sure I've not done enough to get a c :frown:
The packets of crisps question threw me, the Apple bar chart one confused me a little, the rectangle with X+4 took forever to do and I'm not sure if I did the polygon graph one correct !

Any feedback on how you felt would be great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
The apple graph question the last one confused me and so did the crisps packet but i think i did alright on the x+4 i got x = 11.
Reply 2
The apple graph question the last one confused me and so did the crisps packet but i think i did alright on the x+4 i got x = 11.i also got confused on turkey question.
X + 4 and another X + 4 for the two sides
One X on each short side

so X + X + X + X = 4x
4 + 4 is 8

Then you form the equation 4x + 8 = 45
45 - 8 = 37
37 / 4 = 9.25
Reply 4
I put 9.25 I didn't do the equation bit tho, I just wrote what answer I got and added it if you get me

Posted from TSR Mobile
20 packets of the crisp where the cheapest, and I got x = 10, ;S and I got confused on the turkey question
Reply 6
Original post by lupgup
The apple graph question the last one confused me and so did the crisps packet but i think i did alright on the x+4 i got x = 11.i also got confused on turkey question.[/im such an idiot i dont know how i got twelve
i did 3x+12=45 and then i subtracted tweleve from each side and i got 3x=33 and divded it by 3 and the answer i got was x=11.
im such an idiot ive failed maths. but i did alright on drawing that mm question with the line from A-B.
Reply 7
Omg yes that turkey question lol! Knew what I should do but Could not work it out in hours :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yeah I think I was ok with that one xD I thought it was nice of them to do the starting line for us ! XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
for the drawing question from point a and b you had to divide the numbers by 20 and then draw it with your ruler.
Reply 10
Original post by Emmz93
Omg yes that turkey question lol! Knew what I should do but Could not work it out in hours :/

i put 2 and a half hours i got so confused.
Reply 11
I think that's what I put too! LOL xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="lupgup;65597963"]
Original post by Emmz93

i put 2 and a half hours i got so confused.

i put 2.4
Original post by Emmz93
The packets of crisps question threw me

That one was horrible. The three numbers given were 18, 20 and 26, they don't seem to share a lowest common multiple (I was adding 18 onto 18 and I never got to one) so I just gave up.

Original post by Emmz93
I'm not sure if I did the polygon graph one correct !

Pretty sure it's the midpoints of all the values (you would add a new column next to frequency) then plot said midpoints on the graph with their given frequencies.
Reply 14
I don't think I did that one right then xD I just worked out what was Inbetween and then looked on the chart and went between the number and plotted from what they gave us, whoops!!! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys did you do the last question preety easy or nah?
Has anyone got the mark scheme please? 😬
Reply 17
Original post by Fez_Shabbir
Guys did you do the last question preety easy or nah?

remind me, what was the last question? :P
Original post by Emmz93
remind me, what was the last question? :P

colin and his fuel
Reply 19
Original post by Fez_Shabbir
colin and his fuel

oh yeh i remember, i did get an answer but cant remember what i said xD however i suspect i may have slipped up with somewhere in the working out, with the amount of litres and gallons lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending