The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

What happens if you don't attend summer retakes?

Hi,
I am so lost. I found out that I got below 40% in one of my exams for human rights, meaning I failed. However, the policy is if you get over 30% you don't have to retake. I don't know what my exact mark is but I am in a bit of a situation. I haven't seen my family in years so I've booked flights for this summer to see them without being informed that summer retakes take place in July this year instead of August. So if I got below 30 marks I will have to retake my exams but I can't as I won't be in the country. I have emailed my programme leader but got no reply.
What happens if you fail at your first attempt and then don't show up for the retakes in the summer?
Btw, I have passed everything from term 1.
Original post by Evilraccoon
Hi,
I am so lost. I found out that I got below 40% in one of my exams for human rights, meaning I failed. However, the policy is if you get over 30% you don't have to retake. I don't know what my exact mark is but I am in a bit of a situation. I haven't seen my family in years so I've booked flights for this summer to see them without being informed that summer retakes take place in July this year instead of August. So if I got below 30 marks I will have to retake my exams but I can't as I won't be in the country. I have emailed my programme leader but got no reply.
What happens if you fail at your first attempt and then don't show up for the retakes in the summer?
Btw, I have passed everything from term 1.

I think you've confused marks with credits - each module has a credit value, typically 30 credits, you need to get a total 120 credits from the modules you took to progress to the next year.

if you get marks of 40% or above in a module, i.e. you pass the module you get the full 30 credits and don't need to retake... if you get less than 40% marks you get zero credit for that module and do need to pass a retake to get enough credits to progress.

The document containing this information is the universities Academic Regulations which is on the university website - there are some provisions for progressing with 90 credits, probably your tutor can advise if these are likely to apply to you.

The exam board will probably point out that the timing for the summer resits in July was published in the academic calendar - which is also available on the university website
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Joinedup
I think you've confused marks with credits - each module has a credit value, typically 30 credits, you need to get a total 120 credits from the modules you took to progress to the next year.

if you get marks of 40% or above in a module, i.e. you pass the module you get the full 30 credits and don't need to retake... if you get less than 40% marks you get zero credit for that module and do need to pass a retake to get enough credits to progress.

The document containing this information is the universities Academic Regulations which is on the university website - there are some provisions for progressing with 90 credits, probably your tutor can advise if these are likely to apply to you.

The exam board will probably point out that the timing for the summer resits in July was published in the academic calendar - which is also available on the university website

All of my module specifications state that you need to get over 30% in all assessments and a 40% overall
All of my module specifications state that you need to get over 30% in all assessments and a 40% overall

Well make sure and discuss it with your tutor - don't just fail to turn up for an exam.
Reply 4
Original post by Joinedup
Well make sure and discuss it with your tutor - don't just fail to turn up for an exkam.

Been emailing everyone but my tutor is on annual leave till the end of resits
Been emailing everyone but my tutor is on annual leave till the end of resits

contact the hub and get them to go over your results with you, and confirm whether you need to resit. I would ring not email though, as results day was on monday and therefore they will have received lots of emails

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending