The Student Room Group

Shooting in gay club in Florida

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Listers
You really do not know what you're talking about.

"If Muslims feel discriminated against, they may isolate themselves from western culture and then become radicalised."

Jews, christians and mormons and many other religious groups have no problem at all adapting to western society's culture while being religious QUOTE]

Are you on meth? What planet are you on? 300 shootings in California alone this year, most of them motivated by violent Christian militia and white supremacist groups on minority churches, abortion clinics and the vast majority being school shootings.

B***** please. Sort your life out. 3 shootings this year by radical muslim groups therefore muslims are to blame for the gun problems.. Yes, 10/10 top logic. Nothing to do with the fact that clinically insane people can go to Walmart and buy a load of guns... without any back ground checks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
That's not the point, the point is you going around being a pretentious prick of a social crusader, discriminating against all of Islam like it is interpreted uniformly, is helping no one.

If you care so much about the issue, go and join a gun control movement or help raise awareness of radicalisation within the Muslim community, instead of trolling a student forum where people of many cultures come to get academic help, and not to hate against people because of their beliefs.

That's the only way this problem can be addressed. By raising awareness against the violence in Islam. Sweeping it under the rug and calling anyone that criticises it invented pejoratives like Islamophobe have led to nearly 25,000 terrorist attacks since 9/11.

And I do not know where you got this idea that i support gun control, another clueless suggestion you've made today.
Original post by Grand High Witch
Gay people have been discriminated against and persecuted in the West for generations. Did they become radicalised? It's a problem in and of itself if discrimination turns a particular group of people to radicalisation first rather than other things.

Because last time I checked, homosexuality isn't an ideology. If a gay person committed a mass shooting, they would pretty much ignore his sexual orientation.
"There are "suggestions" the gunman had "leanings towards" radical Islamist ideology, the FBI says"

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-36510172
Reply 24
[QUOTE="Themini;65697245"]
Original post by Listers

"If Muslims feel discriminated against, they may isolate themselves from western culture and then become radicalised."

Jews, christians and mormons and many other religious groups have no problem at all adapting to western society's culture while being religious QUOTE]

Are you on meth? What planet are you on? 300 shootings in California alone this year, most of them motivated by violent Christian militia and white supremacist groups on minority churches, abortion clinics and the vast majority being school shootings.

B***** please. Sort your life out.

This is the most incorrect thing I've read all day. Tell me more about these 'Christian' militias.
Reply 25
[QUOTE="Themini;65697245"]
Original post by Listers

B***** please. Sort your life out. 2 shootings by muslim groups therefore muslims are to blame for the gun problems.. Yes, 10/10 top logic.

If you have no proof of the killers being Christian then i suggest you delete this and your stupid troll account.
Original post by Listers
That's the only way this problem can be addressed. By raising awareness against the violence in Islam. Sweeping it under the rug and calling anyone that criticises it invented pejoratives like Islamophobe have led to nearly 25,000 terrorist attacks since 9/11.

And I do not know where you got this idea that i support gun control, another clueless suggestion you've made today.

But you're not raising awareness, you're gallivanting around and discriminating against all Muslims as if the religion is interpreted identically between its 1.6 billion followers. I have two Muslim classmates, we have a Muslim mayor and thousands of Muslims living in western society who have integrated perfectly. Just because a Daily Mail headline spouts out some 'fact' about segregated Muslims, it doesn't mean every single one of them is some kind of time bomb waiting to go off and commit an act of terrorism.

However I'm guessing you're a troll based on your tone so whatever.
There is a gun problem and a radical muslim problem

But going around inciting hate against islam/muslims is not the solution, its making things worse

Oh no, don't say anything that might upset them; they might blow us up.

F*** them! People are sick of their crap. If they don't find the West to their liking then they can piss off back to the Middle East
So Florida is Trumps now lol
I wonder who the left will support in this? Muslims or gays?

The gay community needs to protected from this savagery.
In sure the gay rights movement will still support Islam and greater Muslim immigration into the western world
Original post by KingBradly
"There are "suggestions" the gunman had "leanings towards" radical Islamist ideology, the FBI says"

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-36510172

I wouldn't be surprised if the killer had been in touch with ISIS and the target was chosen. Few target minorities are as broadly despised in the Middle East as gay people, and ISIS found that when they kill them their popularity goes up. ISIS promises Ramadan attacks in the West, and this target meets many of their strategic objectives

Though on another thread a user said she was very worried about htis. My response is that I'm not worried. I grieve for their deaths but this changes nothing. We've clipped 30,000 of those f*ckers in airstrikes, and we'll kill another 1000 over the next week as government officials order retaliation for this crime.

I'm incredibly sad the West has suffered another attack, and as a gay guy of course makes me angry. But it doesn't change the basic calculus; we're going to keep steamrolling over these losers until they've lost all of their territory, then we'll hand them over to the Iraqis to be tortured and killed. No terrorist attack can stop that now.
Original post by the bear
horrible.... it is easy to get hold of automatic weapons in the USA... this is what happens. RIP the victims.

It was a suicidal Muslim terrorist targeting a gay bar, he had a suicide vest on for crying out loud, had he not had a gun he would have blown the place up or driven a lorry into the crowd at closing.

Using this to forward an anti-gun argument is deplorable, the cause was Islam, the weapon was a Muslim. Without a gun you are positing what ? He'd learn to tolerate homosexuals and not have attempted this, unlikely.
Reply 33

]But you're not raising awareness, you're gallivanting around and discriminating against all Muslims as if the religion is interpreted identically between its 1.6 billion followers.

I'm not attacking the muslims, I'm attacking the ideology they follow, Islam. The religion that promotes violence, rape, spousal abuse, explicit sexual intercourse, war, terrorism, robbery etc

I have two Muslim classmates, we have a Muslim mayor and thousands of Muslims living in western society who have integrated perfectly.Just because a Daily Mail headline spouts out some 'fact' about segregated Muslims, it doesn't mean every single one of them is some kind of time bomb waiting to go off and commit an act of terrorism.

And we also have thousands almost millions of muslims living in the west who want Shari'a to be the law of the land, hate democracy, and have not integrated so this point you made is daft clueless and irrelevant.

However I'm guessing you're a troll based on your tone so whatever.

Right.

The same response that anyone who points out the violence in Islam is either racist, a white supremacist, a troll, or all 3 at the same time.

Keep it up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Thutmose-III
I wouldn't be surprised if the killer had been in touch with ISIS and the target was chosen. Few target minorities are as broadly despised in the Middle East as gay people, and ISIS found that when they kill them their popularity goes up. ISIS promises Ramadan attacks in the West, and this target meets many of their strategic objectives

Though on another thread a user said she was very worried about htis. My response is that I'm not worried. I grieve for their deaths but this changes nothing. We've clipped 30,000 of those f*ckers in airstrikes, and we'll kill another 1000 over the next week as government officials order retaliation for this crime.

I'm incredibly sad the West has suffered another attack, and as a gay guy of course makes me angry. But it doesn't change the basic calculus; we're going to keep steamrolling over these losers until they've lost all of their territory, then we'll hand them over to the Iraqis to be tortured and killed. No terrorist attack can stop that now.

Yup. Let's wipe them out. Stuff like this almost makes you think Trump is right. Do we really want to risk letting people like this in?

The LGBT Muslim community hopefully, as they have been playing an important role in trying to challenge homophobia within the Muslim community.
Reply 37
Original post by gwagon

This is the most incorrect thing I've read all day. Tell me more about these 'Christian' militias.

I'm waiting as well
Reply 38

Muslims are top of the oppression olympics so it will be them every time, any way gay men aren't oppressed anymore
Yup. Let's wipe them out. Stuff like this almost makes you think Trump is right. Do we really want to risk letting people like this in?

I think Muslims who hold genuinely moderate and secular values should be allowed to stay. All others should be deported. It makes no sense to let these backward people into advanced areas of the planet. And given Islam is the vector through which fundamentalist Islam spreads, perhaps a moratorium on further Muslim immigration until the war is over.

As for ISIS, hopefully this will wake President Obama up to stop fellating the Turkish President and take the necessary actions to finish ISIS once and for all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending