The Student Room Group

submission wrestling London

im looking to join either a olympic wrestling, submission wrestling, bjj, sambo (cambo) or mma club in london however i can really only afford a maximum of about £6 a class once or twice a week . Does anyone know any classes or if anyone knowledeable wants to start one then get in touch :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by hi2u_uk
im looking to join either a olympic wrestling, submission wrestling, bjj, sambo (cambo) or mma club in london however i can really only afford a maximum of about £6 a class once or twice a week . Does anyone know any classes or if anyone knowledeable wants to start one then get in touch :biggrin::biggrin:

Roughly where in London?...
Reply 2
anywhere ideally in zone 1-3 , i can travel
There are BJJ places with Brazilian Black belts at Hammersmith (Carlson Gracie: Wilson JR) SOAS (Luiz Tosta) the LSE (?) Roger Gracie Academy (Braulio and Roger.) There are probably other BJJ places out there but nothing I can remember off the top of my head.

Carlson's also do MMA and Muay Thai.

Tokei club do Olympic wrestling, as does London Shoot (see later.)

London Shoot do all of the above and the BJJ is taught by Luiz from SOAS. I think they have the biggest/best MMA team in London and arguably the UK.

Don't know any Sambo places but this post should have been useful to you.
Reply 4
Dude I help run a club near bounds green. Students pay a £5 per session or £45 for the month
Reply 5
Thanks for all the advice, i have heard or been to some of these clubs and either didnt like the atmosphere in them or thought they were too expensive. I’m not happy only going to one class a week if everyone is else going to two, three or four classes each week as i feel i'd be missing out. In my experience some mma clubs and bjj clubs dont emphasise respect or safety as much as it is in some other “traditional” martial arts clubs particularly those run by a governing body. Anyway i have decided to join this judo club http://www.finsburyjudoclub.co.uk . Its seems to tick all my boxes although its a very very small club so anyone interested in joining then message me or come along :smile: im guessing this would be of particular interest to anyone who does kicking arts and wants to incorporate some grappling techniques into their repertoire but is open to anyone from beginners to more advanced or folk who did judo or something similar a while ago. Its only once a week, reasonably priced and in zone 1 of London
Reply 6
We run a small grappling class at a gym in south east London , every mon. and wed. 8 - p pm. £5 to cover mat space. Mainly Catch wrestling . Very friendly , easy going guys. If interested, call me 0208 855 0270 .
Reply 7
Thanks for your reply I am currently trying a club on Saturday morning, anyone interested in finding out more then message me to let me know but this one on Monday sounds interesting
Original post by hi2u_uk
anywhere ideally in zone 1-3 , i can travel

Lewisham wrestling club (5pm -8pm)
Afghan wrestling club Ealing Broadway(19 30- 21:00pm)
Slough wrestling club(6:45pm- 8pm)
Gravesend gng wrestling(7-9pm)
Legion wrestling, Lea bridge, london( differing times)
Tokei wrestling club(check website)

I’ve been to all of these ,so they are still operational in the year 2021.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by As above
We run a small grappling class at a gym in south east London , every mon. and wed. 8 - p pm. £5 to cover mat space. Mainly Catch wrestling . Very friendly , easy going guys. If interested, call me 0208 855 0270 .

I tried to call but apparently the number is wrong. Still doing classes? How ca we contact you?
Reply 10
Original post by As above

Hi I tried to call the number, but it seems not working. Any other contact please?

Quick Reply

Latest