The Student Room Group

Is WGHS (Wolverhampton Girls High School) any good.

Hi there, I am looking for anyone who goes to or has attended WGHS. This is due to my sister being accepted into the school, and I want to make sure she has the best education and pastoral care possible.

Thank you in advance
The pastoral care is okay and the education is good. Most of the mean girls leave by the end of GCSES so the sixth form students are pretty chill. A lot of them are very unhappy and stressed however, as the sixth formers are not treated well by the school (even tho teachers are chill) are babied a lot and basically given no benefits
As for secondary students, most of mine and my peers experiences has been all over the place. Political beliefs are really heavy at WGHS and they will be pushed onto your sister so be aware of that. About 80% of the school is gay also. There is a lot of drama and the girls environment is pretty toxic. However pastoral care are pretty good with dealing with a lot of it. Education is top tier throughout secondary. Clubs are pretty scarce, at least at the moment but they are looking to improve. A lot of stress is placed on the girls
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by lolzlolz123
The pastoral care is okay and the education is good. Most of the mean girls leave by the end of GCSES so the sixth form students are pretty chill. A lot of them are very unhappy and stressed however, as the sixth formers are not treated well by the school (even tho teachers are chill) are babied a lot and basically given no benefits
As for secondary students, most of mine and my peers experiences has been all over the place. Political beliefs are really heavy at WGHS and they will be pushed onto your sister so be aware of that. About 80% of the school is gay also. There is a lot of drama and the girls environment is pretty toxic. However pastoral care are pretty good with dealing with a lot of it. Education is top tier throughout secondary. Clubs are pretty scarce, at least at the moment but they are looking to improve. A lot of stress is placed on the girls

Could you please expand on what you mean by the sixth formers not being treated well?

Also I picked economics A Level so I only have three places to go in my local area. WGHS, Colton Hills or Dudley Sixth. I don’t like the vibe of Colton Hills so I don’t wanna go there. So it’s between WGHS and Dudley, do you think it would be better for me to go to Dudley?

Thanks so much! You’ve been so helpful :smile:
Original post by kisslurp
Could you please expand on what you mean by the sixth formers not being treated well?

Also I picked economics A Level so I only have three places to go in my local area. WGHS, Colton Hills or Dudley Sixth. I don’t like the vibe of Colton Hills so I don’t wanna go there. So it’s between WGHS and Dudley, do you think it would be better for me to go to Dudley?

Thanks so much! You’ve been so helpful :smile:

It’s just that a lot of them are babied by the school and not given any freedom at all. They are not allowed to use their phones at all, wear coats / hoodies inside, or use their own devices instead they have to use these slowwwww school computers that are like prehistoric. though compared to dudley, i think just because the teachers are good teachers wghs might be more beneficial and the students at wghs are definitely very motivated and clever which will aid you in your studies. It’s your decision, you may not have as much fun at wghs (who knows, maybe you will) but you will do well in your studies
Reply 4
Original post by lolzlolz123

"...and they will be pushed onto your sister so be aware of that. About 80% of the school is gay also." is this serious?
Original post by ric1982
"...and they will be pushed onto your sister so be aware of that. About 80% of the school is gay also." is this serious?
Unfortunately I am dead serious. I know it’s just odd for a school, but trust that this school isn’t like a normal school in these regards. Wokeness is rampant and the school pushes it upon students most of all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending