The Student Room Group

Omar Mateen - Mosque statement - This makes me so angry

Full statement can be found here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13/orlando-imam-says-he-had-not-feared-omar-mateen-could-be-radical/

2 point that make me angry (there are more)

1) Dr Rahman said when he heard the news from Orlando, 90 minutes to the West, he prayed that gunman would not be a Muslim, and was shocked when it turned out to be, "not only a Muslim, a Muslim from here."

No empathy at all for the victims :angry:

2) "Our impression was the family was very pro-American, that they were maybe more aligned with American than us," he added.

So much for Muslims claiming there is no us and them rhetoric

Why the hell is this man even in America if this is what he thinks:angry:

and finally this little gem

'Despite the fact that another young man who had visited the mosque on occasion became America's first suicide bomber in Syria in 2014, Dr Rahman said the teaching at the mosque was peaceful and moderate.'

So the mosque has now been involved in teaching 2 terrorists about Islam but still can't see the problem

Scroll to see replies

On top of this, the gunman's father stated that he condemns the massacre and believes it wasn't due to religious reasons, but he's a supporter of the Taliban and claims that "God will punish all gays", showing no sympathy for those killed either. I'm also annoyed that the Imam in that article seems to try and blame their radicalisation on "the Internet". They clearly can't see the affects mosque teachings and parenting may have and the problems it can cause.
Original post by Armastan
On top of this, the gunman's father stated that he condemns the massacre and believes it wasn't due to religious reasons, but he's a supporter of the Taliban and claims that "God will punish all gays", showing no sympathy for those killed either. I'm also annoyed that the Imam in that article seems to try and blame their radicalisation on "the Internet". They clearly can't see the affects mosque teachings and parenting may have and the problems it can cause.

This is what is getting me so pissed off with this

all the old tropes are trotted out bu in reality we have the child of a Taliban supporter, who moved to America and thinks god will punish all gay people who then goes and kills a load of gay people but blames the 'internet'

They really must think we are so stupid
Reply 3
There is no justification in Islam that would allow that man to do what he did. It is a crime, it is wrong and it is injustice. Period.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Full statement can be found here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13/orlando-imam-says-he-had-not-feared-omar-mateen-could-be-radical/

2 point that make me angry (there are more)

1) Dr Rahman said when he heard the news from Orlando, 90 minutes to the West, he prayed that gunman would not be a Muslim, and was shocked when it turned out to be, "not only a Muslim, a Muslim from here."

2) "Our impression was the family was very pro-American, that they were maybe more aligned with American than us," he added.

So much for Muslims claiming there is no us and them rhetoric

Why the hell is this man even in America if this is what he thinks:angry:

and finally this little gem

'Despite the fact that another young man who had visited the mosque on occasion became America's first suicide bomber in Syria in 2014, Dr Rahman said the teaching at the mosque was peaceful and moderate.'

So the mosque has now been involved in teaching 2 terrorists about Islam but still can't see the problem

0% responsibility taken.

No empathy for the victims or their families either at the hands of the radicalised gunman.
Reply 5

Sounds exactly like you.
None at all

Just a prayer that it wasn't a Muslim and a message that God will punish them all anyway
None at all

Just a prayer that it wasn't a Muslim and a message that God will punish them all anyway

Apparently the attacker not being muslim is more important than the fact that 50 odd or so people lost their lives in one of the worst gun attacks in US history :/ :angry:
Original post by saeed9753
Sounds exactly like you.

you will find plenty of empathy on the thread where it was called for

this thread isn't about the victims though this is about the hate being preached in his mosque and THEIR lack of empathy for the victims (as you so aptly demonstrate)
Reply 9
you will find plenty of empathy on the thread where it was called for

this thread isn't about the victims though this is about the hate being preached in his mosque and THEIR lack of empathy for the victims (as you so aptly demonstrate)

I couldnt give a toss about what happened to everyone in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Palestine etc... what makes you think i will lose any sleep over this?
Sadly it does seem that was (and a little chastisement for them being considered 'a little like Americans')

but yes :angry:
What does "moderate" even mean in this context?

Does it mean that they still teach that homosexuals should be put to death as is the word of God?

Posted from TSR Mobile
None at all

You and really piss me off with this bigoted biased perspective on the situation. Over 100 muslims, many in orlando, have donated blood to the injured LGBT vicitms as a result of the shootings. Many have prayed for the LGBT victims and are constantly helping while all you do is jack ****. On the other hand Donald Trumps statement on twitter was no different, he showed 0 empathy and used the orlando shootings to "appreciate the congrats" on being right about radical islam.

$40,000 gave also been raised by muslims for the victims and 200 people muslims made a janazah for them before hosting and iftaar in the park event.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey BaconandSauce...

I liek your profile pic.

You remind me of Hillary clinton without makeup or favourable lighting.

Sad!

Bad!

Mad!
Original post by shakeyboy
You and @AngryRedhead really piss me off with this bigoted biased perspective on the situation.

Yes we piss you off (again an example of the anger being directed in the wrong place)

is this more or less than the number of Muslim who went to see the imam who told them that killing gays was OK as it showed them compassion?

Is this more than will attend his next 'lecture'
I am concerned that the facts may not be as stated in the Telegraph article. The comments quoted may not have been given proper context. The love that I have received from moderate muslims leads me to be disposed to support them in this affair as well as its direct victims.
Original post by Tawheed
There is no justification in Islam that would allow that man to do what he did. It is a crime, it is wrong and it is injustice. Period.

You and @AngryRedhead really piss me off with this bigoted biased perspective on the situation. Over 100 muslims, many in orlando, have donated blood to the injured LGBT vicitms as a result of the shootings. Many have prayed for the LGBT victims and are constantly helping while all you do is jack ****. On the other hand Donald Trumps statement on twitter was no different, he showed 0 empathy and used the orlando shootings to "appreciate the congrats" on being right about radical islam.

Relax.
No need to be upset
Why should they take responsibility? Why? They aren't the one's who did it. Let me ask you, are you white or maybe Christian ? Whatever group of people you identify with there will be a minority who have done something horrible in which case you should take responsibility for it. I guess us Muslims should be disgusted at our self for not having a dream where it was prophesised to us that there would be a man who lived at this address called Omar who was going to kill 50 people. Maybe you should start apologizing every time a white mass murderer kills people. You make no sense at the moment, it is not our responsibility as Muslims to apologize for something we did not do.
Dont get me wrong. There are hundreds of muslim scholars who preach hate and who knows, maybe the mosque did have something to do with this massacre. But without proof we have no right to assume that someone should take responsibility for it. If the mosque did have something to do with it then they should be punished severely
On the other hand Donald Trumps statement on twitter was no different, he showed 0 empathy and used the orlando shootings to "appreciate the congrats" on being right about radical islam.

This was Trump's tweet moments after the attack. You tell me if he has "0 empathy"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742019961946791939

Moron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending