The Student Room Group

Muslims advice

So this is kind of long but I’ll try to summarise it. Recently I stopped talking to a boy because I know it’s not islamically acceptable and my parents would be mad if they knew. However, I basically have no friends so no one to talk to and he was the only friend I had. And now I don’t know what to do, I really want to talk to him because he’s the only one I have to talk to. Otherwise I’m just stuck everyday with my own thoughts.
What do I do? Do I talk to him or just deal with the loneliness?

Btw this isn’t about me talking to him romantically, I just need someone that I can talk about anything with and he’s the only one I had.
Pls helpp
You need a Muslim friend. You should go to the mosque, islamic association...and talk to girls, discuss with them about your particular needs, difficulty.
Reply 2
He’s Muslim too sorry if I didn’t make it clear. I would go but I have social anxiety😭 the idea of going to the mosque alone and going up to people is actually terrifying for me
Even if he is Muslim too. I anderstand your feeling. But Muslim poeple in mosque, for example, search like you how to improve their faith. We are not angels but we try to do our best. You can read Qur'an, make prayer, ask ALLAH to guide you. In Islam there is a lot of things we do it together. You can not stay alone, far of your Muslim sisters. You are in the good way, you try to do things you should do and you try to be far of things that islam dislike. You are doing great. But we need more efforts, douaa and jihad
Reply 4
Thanks I’ll definitely try it
Why aren’t you allowed to speak to a boy in a friendship manner and a non-romantic way?
Reply 6
Because it almost always leads to romantic feelings so it’s not allowed in Islam. God is basically protecting you from getting your feelings hurt
Original post by Whynot3
So this is kind of long but I’ll try to summarise it. Recently I stopped talking to a boy because I know it’s not islamically acceptable and my parents would be mad if they knew. However, I basically have no friends so no one to talk to and he was the only friend I had. And now I don’t know what to do, I really want to talk to him because he’s the only one I have to talk to. Otherwise I’m just stuck everyday with my own thoughts.

Btw this isn’t about me talking to him romantically, I just need someone that I can talk about anything with and he’s the only one I had.
Pls helpp

Maybe get some online Muslim friends who are girls?
Original post by Whynot3
Because it almost always leads to romantic feelings so it’s not allowed in Islam. God is basically protecting you from getting your feelings hurt

“It always leads to romantic feelings” - that isn’t true. It’s just a backwards and outdated mindset that the opposite gender is only for romantic encounters
Original post by Anonymous
“It always leads to romantic feelings” - that isn’t true. It’s just a backwards and outdated mindset that the opposite gender is only for romantic encounters

Whilst at a young age, your point would be valid, but unfortunately people change as they get older so I can see why OP prefers to be safe than sorry
Reply 10
Original post by Whynot3

Pls helpp

If you really need to then I think it’s okay. But I recommend even finding a Muslim girl online to just talk to about anything, without revealing names or anything!!
Whilst at a young age, your point would be valid, but unfortunately people change as they get older so I can see why OP prefers to be safe than sorry

But what if the female she talks to is attracted to females. Would it be allowed?

I wouldn't say it is an outdated mindset. Because I experienced it first hand. Had some guy friends but caught feelings for one of them. And it happened multiple times.

Also, people fall in love with their friends and best friends don't they? Even when they are like "my best friend is like my brother"?
Original post by NazifaNawer
I wouldn't say it is an outdated mindset. Because I experienced it first hand. Had some guy friends but caught feelings for one of them. And it happened multiple times.

Also, people fall in love with their friends and best friends don't they? Even when they are like "my best friend is like my brother"?

That doesn’t mean you’ll fall for every guy you talk to who you initially are friends with.

Can’t you also fall in love with female friends? What happens then? Are you not supposed to talk to anyone?
That doesn’t mean you’ll fall for every guy you talk to who you initially are friends with.

Can’t you also fall in love with female friends? What happens then? Are you not supposed to talk to anyone?

Yes but it is better to be safe than sorry. Why would I purposely talk with a guy if there is even a slight chance that I might fall for him? I wouldn't want to put myself in the situation. I wouldn't want to test myself.

The LGBTQ thing isn't allowed in Islam
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by NazifaNawer
Yes but it is better to be safe than sorry. Why would I purposely talk with a guy if there is even a slight chance that I might fall for him? I wouldn't want to put myself in the situation. I wouldn't want to test myself.

The LGBTQ thing isn't allowed in Islam

But it's also not allowed for a Muslim male to talk to a Muslim female you said, but some do, so the same thing could happen?
But it's also not allowed for a Muslim male to talk to a Muslim female you said, but some do, so the same thing could happen?

Yes. It's not allowed for Muslim male to talk to a Muslim female as well. But Muslim females can talk to Muslim males and vice versa if it is important, urgent or if it is not for unnecessary reasons. Like the other day I couldn't find my class so I had to ask another guy to show me my class; this is okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending