The Student Room Group

AQA psychology B PSYB3/PSYB4 PREDICTIONS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Thanks guys good luck! i have my chem 4 tomorrow aswell so my revision is pretty bad :frown:
Do you have a behaviourist one by any chance? The other was really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
here is an SLT essay, 10/12. My teacher said if I had added one more ao2 it would have been 12/12!! hope it helps
IMG_5687.jpg
Attachment not found
Here's a nomothetic and idiographic 9/12 guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks this was very helpful!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
In psyb3 I did moral development, schizophrenia and mood disorders and forensic psychology. I thought the schiz essay was really good but the offender profiling one was awful it wasn't the one part I only briefly revised, I think I should of scraped some marks I write about typology geographical but couldn't remember effectiveness of the two or any AO2.
Also for the early biological explanations I thought it was trying to catch us out by putting phsiological theories (Sheldon/lombroso) so wrote about twin studies and lost all four marks.
For moral essay I wrote about Gilligan and compared it to kohlberg did anyone else...
Does anyone have a free will/determinism essay... I'm strongest at psych as science but that was up last year I think as an essay so probably won't be again
Guys whats a type 1 and type 2 error

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too I thought forensics was soo limited I had to make up all my ao2... and for the biological theories for forensics I literally spokw about so much I dont know if ill get marks for it. I spoke about twins adoption studies sheldon ans lombraso because I was so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemstone100
Guys whats a type 1 and type 2 error

Posted from TSR Mobile

A type 1 error is where you accept the alternative/experimental hypothesis and reject the null hypothesis but the results were actually due to chance. A type 2 error is were you accept the null hypothesis and reject the alternative hypothesis but the results were due to the sample providing insufficient data 😊
Does type one go with a directional hypothesis and type two with non directional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 2 approaches. Turns out I do not actually have the SLT essay (The one listed is behaviourist.) The summaries listed as copies are not mine, though the Reductionism/Holism one is. If anyone has any good notes on Nature/Nurture, I'd be very grateful if they could post them!
Thanksss.. what make are these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does type one go with a directional hypothesis and type two with non directional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No don't think so, both errors apply to hypotheses and null hypotheses as a whole the direction doesn't matter
Reply 153
An easy way to remember the difference between type one and type two error is this
Type one error = accepting the alternative hypothesis when you should of rejected it and rejecting the null (OPTIMISTIC=One)
Type two error = accepting the null when you should of rejected it and accepted the alternative hypothesis.. Being too stringent
They are both 12/12.
Does anyone know where ome tailed and two tailed tests are in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
image.png That's it put simply
One tailed test is when the hypothesis predicts something ' will be more than etc '
Two tailed is when the hypothesis predicts something but not in any direction, it won't say more than or less than it will just say there will be a difference
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 158
Yeah!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck guys. Let's pray the questions will be easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending