The Student Room Group

Chemistry AS Unit 1 CCEA 2016

How did everyone think of the exam today?

Scroll to see replies

I personally thought it was disgusting, it wasn't anything based on recall and mostly guessing :s-smilie:
Reply 2
yeah I found it hard to finish!! was so much to get through aswell
Reply 3
Original post by jmcardle587
How did everyone think of the exam today?

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ozmo19
There were loads of suggest questions and I found them for the most part really tricky, like the ones for the decomposition of hydrogen halides. A lot of them were guesses. The recall questions were fine but a lot of the paper was applying knowledge which was quite hard.
I thought the multiple choice questions were hard too but I think I got them all

I couldn't believe there were 18 questions

How did others at your school find it?

I found it ok didnt think it was unbelievably hard.. What was the question for that decomposition of halides cant remember it :s-smilie: That 6 marker on graphite and graphene was a gift:h: Dont think i got some of he multiple choice the maths ones were tricky but i found myself getting C as an answer quite a bit??
Others in my school found it very very hard how about yours?
Reply 5
Original post by jmcardle587
I found it ok didnt think it was unbelievably hard.. What was the question for that decomposition of halides cant remember it :s-smilie: That 6 marker on graphite and graphene was a gift:h: Dont think i got some of he multiple choice the maths ones were tricky but i found myself getting C as an answer quite a bit??
Others in my school found it very very hard how about yours?

I got C for the first 3 multiple choice and the B for 4 and 5, A for 6. I got 10.H2O for the hydrate and I can't remember the rest. I don't remember th decomposition question properly either. Well there are 3 that do it at my school and we all found it hard.
It wasn't overly hard but I found it harder than the 2015 paper.
Hoping for low grade boundaries
Reply 6
Original post by ozmo19
I got C for the first 3 multiple choice and the B for 4 and 5, A for 6. I got 10.H2O for the hydrate and I can't remember the rest. I don't remember th decomposition question properly either. Well there are 3 that do it at my school and we all found it hard.
It wasn't overly hard but I found it harder than the 2015 paper.
Hoping for low grade boundaries

Yes i got C for the first 3 aswell and B for the fourth! There is about 20 at my school who do chemistry and everyone i got talking to found it very difficult
Am I the only person that finds it very difficult to find any information about CCEA chemitsry on the internet compared to AQA and EDEXCEL? I know less people do CCEA but there is a ridiculous lack of resources.

I thought the exam was really tough, got the first two in the mulitple choice wrong purely becuase i didnt read the question properly. The fire alarm went off 15 minutes before the exam and the school was evacuated so that kind of through me although we arent getting any extra marks. Does anyone know where i could find model answers?
can someone help me out and tell me what question number the percentage mass question was? the one that the answer turned out to be around 63%?
Reply 9
Original post by Carokelly123
can someone help me out and tell me what question number the percentage mass question was? the one that the answer turned out to be around 63%?

It was the last part on Q16. Not sure which part though (b/c etc). Glad you got 63% too because I was unsure about my answer
Original post by ozmo19
It was the last part on Q16. Not sure which part though (b/c etc). Glad you got 63% too because I was unsure about my answer

how many marks were there on questions 17 and 18 do you know?
Reply 11
Original post by potato.toe
Am I the only person that finds it very difficult to find any information about CCEA chemitsry on the internet compared to AQA and EDEXCEL? I know less people do CCEA but there is a ridiculous lack of resources.

I thought the exam was really tough, got the first two in the mulitple choice wrong purely becuase i didnt read the question properly. The fire alarm went off 15 minutes before the exam and the school was evacuated so that kind of through me although we arent getting any extra marks. Does anyone know where i could find model answers?

No one has made an unofficial mark scheme so we can't find model answers for our paper. You could specifically look them up if you remember what came up or could get the paper. I would just ask your chemistry teacher what the answers were.

Thats crazy that the fire alarm went off! People started playing handball against the wall of where we were sitting our exam and it lasted a good 25 minutes. But thats nothing compared to getting evacuated! Hopefully you got to compare when outside and adjust some things when you came back:tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
how many marks were there on questions 17 and 18 do you know?

I genuinely can't remember. Did you not get them finished?
Original post by ozmo19

worse, I didn't see that they were there because of the blank page separating them and question 16
Original post by ozmo19

are we talking about 20 marks, 10 marks or 5 marks lost though?
worse, I didn't see that they were there because of the blank page separating them and question 16

I have the paper in front of me here 17 and 18 were worth 20 marks total. I really feel for you I left out pages in my m1 last week! Hope you do well anyhow.
I have the paper in front of me here 17 and 18 were worth 20 marks total. I really feel for you I left out pages in my m1 last week! Hope you do well anyhow.

Thanks, I'll have to repeat it next year probably when doing my A2s.

I know this isn't relevant but were you doing ccea m1?

No edexcel :smile:

did you do ccea m1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending