The Student Room Group

Do you like thunderstorms?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
Thunderstorms are magnificent!!!
I remember me and a friend casually walking to lesson in the middle of one in school once. Everyone else was going mad and running as fast as they could!
We were just having a casual convo about lampposts (continuation from the day before).
That was fun!

Same here! One time during high school, we had a really heavy thunderstorm, and my classroom was a few minute's walk outside past all the tennis courts etc. Everyone else was running to get inside, but I was just walking along looking at the sky, trying to make the journey last as long as possible haha! Some parts of the school actually started flooding and got cut off because of the rain!!
Yup! Also Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain hahaha
Original post by Noara
Yes they are! But I just get a bit scared because of the sound especially when they are really loud!

Ah i see, i understand that!
Its unexpected isnt it!
But im sure youll be ok!
It's still pouring here :tongue: And I normally like thunderstorms but I was in an exam so not really haha
No because I then can't hear footsteps at crucial times in CSGO.
Reply 25
Original post by FireFreezer77
Ah i see, i understand that!
Its unexpected isnt it!
But im sure youll be ok!

hahaha yes but that does not means in the slightest that I won't walk in the pouring rain just because of the lighting or the thunderstorm . My love for rain will never die :h:
Yes :smile: especially when it's nighttime and I'm in bed with the window open!
Original post by Noara
hahaha yes but that does not means in the slightest that I won't walk in the pouring rain just because of the lighting or the thunderstorm . My love for rain will never die :h:

Gotta love walking in the rain! Its a glorious feeling to do that!!
Woop! Same here! :biggrin:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Then I learned about the lightening goes through glass thing and it was terrifying. :hide:

Personally, I feel like if something as mad happens as lightning coming through my window to get me, then, fair enough, it just wasn't my day.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Not since I learned that lightening can go through windows :afraid:
I learned that for myself when I was putting voltages through homemade glass-plate capacitors - much too high voltages, causing breakdown and no overall effect. Don't judge, I was playing with an archaic radio transmitter design I'd found.

I love thunderstorms. But we've not had a proper one where I live in... I'd say about twenty years. When I was a kid the thunderstorms were earth-shattering; blood-red skies full of forked lightning. These days they all seem to just be rumble, flash, fart, RAAAAAAAIN :shakecane:

Except for the one in Summer 2007 when our house got struck :moon:
Love em

cannot get enough of them
Reply 31
Original post by Tailored Suit
They're perfect to watch from the window with a mug of hot chocolate.

or tea :tongue:
Yes love them. My brother hates them, he still puts his fingers in his ears (did that when he was a child too) when there is a clap of thunder lol.he's 26!

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Thunderbolt and lightning
Very very frightening ME!"

("Galileo! Galileo!
Galileo! Galileo!
Galileo, Figaro
Magnifico-o-o-o...")
I love them :love:.
Even if I'm caught in one.
No because the thunder makes me jump... :s-smilie:
Yes I like darude - thunderstorm
i cannot put in to words how much i love storms :thumbsup: