The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Religious Studies, Unit 3, Developments: What to revise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiehaddad
Are you completely ignoring Donovon? I'm really considering it...
I have 4 days to do it all and it feels like I'm basically teaching myself it rather than revising because my teacher was awful (he ended up getting sacked half way through, so we've had a supply teacher try her hardest to teach it!) It's been a bit of a nightmare:frown: I'm hoping Ayer comes up since it's the shortest so easier to go through! :frown:

Do you already have a good understanding of the texts in general, or are you teaching yourself from scratch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
Do you already have a good understanding of the texts in general, or are you teaching yourself from scratch?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a general (quite basic though) understanding of all 3; but Ayer is the only one that made sense to me without having to ask for help - although like I said, my teacher was so bad haha so any 'help' he did give on Donovon/Westphal meant nothing! :/
Original post by KrisspyKreme
What did you guys write for religious experience A01?

can't remember what I wrote exclusively for the A01 bit but I know for the whole essay I talked about Swinburne's principle of credulity, Scheliermacher and the idea of the religious believers having an unobscured conscience, Wittgenstein's 'seeing-as'/experiencing-as, RM Hare and bliks and I think I mentioned Otto's definition of a numinous experience.
Is anyone doing unit 4 implications on Islam?
Original post by sophiehaddad
Are you completely ignoring Donovon? I'm really considering it...
I have 4 days to do it all and it feels like I'm basically teaching myself it rather than revising because my teacher was awful (he ended up getting sacked half way through, so we've had a supply teacher try her hardest to teach it!) It's been a bit of a nightmare:frown: I'm hoping Ayer comes up since it's the shortest so easier to go through! :frown:

Yesss completely ignoring it!! I'm screwed if Donovon comes up but statistically it shouldn't... Me too!
Original post by nicolesharp
can't remember what I wrote exclusively for the A01 bit but I know for the whole essay I talked about Swinburne's principle of credulity, Scheliermacher and the idea of the religious believers having an unobscured conscience, Wittgenstein's 'seeing-as'/experiencing-as, RM Hare and bliks and I think I mentioned Otto's definition of a numinous experience.

Wasn't part (I) on critiques?
I really wanted Ayer to come up, but now I've looked through all my notes I'm praying for Westphal! :colondollar: but have a very sick feeling it will be Donovan again...:frown:
Reply 107
Original post by skytrenfield
Just had a look at your website and it's SO helpful, literally so good!! Thank you so much for linking it! I've had a really crap philosophy teacher this year, so was so scared for implications as I did not understand it - but after looking on your website I finally get it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

haha, you're welcome :'), I'm still cramming, turns out I made a mistake, I could only start revision on the 17th due to having three exams in a row last week!

I hope all is well then and good luck for tomorrow x
Original post by Gin44
haha, you're welcome :':wink:, I'm still cramming, turns out I made a mistake, I could only start revision on the 17th due to having three exams in a row last week!

I hope all is well then and good luck for tomorrow x

How did you find the exam?? x

It was sooooooo nice :biggrin:
Original post by Isla-H
It was sooooooo nice :biggrin:

I know right!!

Just means such high grade boundaries :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys what did u write?
For (a) I wrote about verification, falsification, mysticism, myth n symbol, principle of credulity / testimony, analogy of attribution/ proportionality and Athiesm. Is that right?
For (b) I wrote my opinion so agreeing and then why some people might disagree for example they play the language game then 4 implications for religion (2 positive n 2 negative ) then 4 implications for human experience.
What did you's write ?
Original post by joshnewbs
Guys what did u write?
For (a) I wrote about verification, falsification, mysticism, myth n symbol, principle of credulity / testimony, analogy of attribution/ proportionality and Athiesm. Is that right?
For (b) I wrote my opinion so agreeing and then why some people might disagree for example they play the language game then 4 implications for religion (2 positive n 2 negative ) then 4 implications for human experience.
What did you's write ?

How did you write so much?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I ran out of time don't worry did my conclusion in the last minute lol what did u write ?
I ran out of time don't worry did my conclusion in the last minute lol what did u write ?

Verification, atheism and falsification for AO1 - maybe I went for a bit more depth

AO2- I mentioned Swinburne's principle of testimony in passing, looked at language games. For implications I did one for religious belief (looking at Donovan's 'psychological certainty' and Hare's Bliks. Then for human experience, I looked at a point made by Stewart Sutherland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah there are loads of ways to answer it! I was just trying to show everything I had learnt! I wish I had included ontological though :frown: and that A02 sounds really good what did u get at AS? I just hope I get C overall
Yeah there are loads of ways to answer it! I was just trying to show everything I had learnt! I wish I had included ontological though :frown: and that A02 sounds really good what did u get at AS? I just hope I get C overall

I got an A at AS, (176 UMS) so I need on average, a lowish B in each A2 exam to get an A overall. You should probably be about to get that, although the boundaries are very tight at A2, what did you get at AS?
I got a C, I got a B on foundations and C on ethics. But I retook ethics soo hopefully got a B overall last year now then today was good so hopefully got a B again but unit 3 wasn't the best as I only revised religious experience , language and religion n morality (silly mistake I know) just hope I've done enough to get a B or even a C! That's all I need for uni, have u applied?
I got a C, I got a B on foundations and C on ethics. But I retook ethics soo hopefully got a B overall last year now then today was good so hopefully got a B again but unit 3 wasn't the best as I only revised religious experience , language and religion n morality (silly mistake I know) just hope I've done enough to get a B or even a C! That's all I need for uni, have u applied?
Yeah, I've got a conditional from Exeter asking for AAB to do psychology. I think I'll need one of those As to be in philosophy…
Reply 119

pretty good, I actually did an essay on the extract they gave us in the exam on Sunday, so it was a pleasant surprise. I'm worried I didn't make enough links, but it's done, and I'm just hoping I did well enough, the part B, was a piece of cake though :smile:. Just one more exam left haha x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending