The Student Room Group

Re-sitting current A2 next year in summer 2017

So I've just found out that it IS in fact possible to re-sit current A2 exams next year with the old spec, is that correct?
However what I want to know is if I do end up re-taking next summer can I do it alongside a gap year? So what I'm saying is can I just study on my own and only come in for exams at the end of the year?
Original post by QaboutAlevel
So I've just found out that it IS in fact possible to re-sit current A2 exams next year with the old spec, is that correct?
However what I want to know is if I do end up re-taking next summer can I do it alongside a gap year? So what I'm saying is can I just study on my own and only come in for exams at the end of the year?

I am also planning on doing this as some of my exams one of my exams didn't go too well. Which exam board are you on and what subjects?
I'm doing this.
Reply 3
Original post by andymharrison_
I am also planning on doing this as some of my exams one of my exams didn't go too well. Which exam board are you on and what subjects?

AQA for Law, English Lit and Psychology!! Are you sure this is possible? Could not deal with another year at college
Reply 4
AQA for Law, English Lit and Psychology!! Are you sure this is possible? Could not deal with another year at college

Yeah it's possible but it'd probably be costly BC you'll be a private candidate
Reply 5
Original post by Uw0tm8_
Yeah it's possible but it'd probably be costly BC you'll be a private candidate

I heard that you can do it at your local college/sixth form as an external candidate and you just have to pay the exam and invigilation fee
I heard that you can do it at your local college/sixth form as an external candidate and you just have to pay the exam and invigilation fee

You can do it at any exam centre that will take you, you do have to pay for the exam.
Reply 7
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
You can do it at any exam centre that will take you, you do have to pay for the exam.

How much would it cost? Is it about the same as the AS resits are

It depends on your exams.

Yes. What I would do is liaise with your school or college to see if they can offer any continuing support, such as marking of papers. Alternatively they may just expect you to enter yourself as a private candidate.

You will almost certainly pay more to retake as a private candidate than to retake as a student of the school/college because they will add on costs for administration, Invigilation etc.
Just because the examiners are setting the paper does not mean your existing school will offer it to candidates. You may have to search around for a centre to take the exam and the fees they charge are unpredictable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest