The Student Room Group

re sitting Alevels

deciding whether to re sit 2022 or 2023 alevels. i havent revised or prepared at all for chemistry or english lit alevel. ive done a bit for biology but no way near prepared. do you think i should re sit this year or next year.
(edited 2 years ago)
commenting bc im stressed and would like to know what others say here in response :frown:(
Reply 2
Original post by thisisnotaboutme
commenting bc im stressed and would like to know what others say here in response :frown:(

Give it your best shot in the summer and see what you get you may Surprise yourself! Worst case a resits not the end of the world. I ended out with woeful a level grades and that re sit year gave me a kick up the rear to work harder and yeah it was worth it! Good luck guys
Original post by oci9
Give it your best shot in the summer and see what you get you may Surprise yourself! Worst case a resits not the end of the world. I ended out with woeful a level grades and that re sit year gave me a kick up the rear to work harder and yeah it was worth it! Good luck guys

heres my question. ive got my alevel re sits in 2 months. i havent revised at all for chemistry or english literature and i havent even started on my coursework for English and its due next week. ive done a bit of work for biology but thats it, a bit. do you think i can go from a U E C to a A* A B in these 2 months? is it possible?
Original post by obsolentbutcool
do you think i can go from a U E C to a A* A B in these 2 months? is it possible?

No.

Most likely not.
Reply 5
Original post by obsolentbutcool
heres my question. ive got my alevel re sits in 2 months. i havent revised at all for chemistry or english literature and i havent even started on my coursework for English and its due next week. ive done a bit of work for biology but thats it, a bit. do you think i can go from a U E C to a A* A B in these 2 months? is it possible?

Not to sound or be harsh but there's not a high chance in 4 weeks that you can move them grades to your desired ones. Having said this that shouldn't discourage yourself from working as hard as possibile to get the best grades you can.

I did 3 a levels and the first time around I got an A grade in one and two d's in the other two. Subsequently I only re sat two a levels which knocked off a lot of pressure. So I'd recommend like you said you're ready for biology so try and do amazing in that and then worst case resit the two a levels. Or even better if you can do amazing in two a levels then re sit the one.
Reply 6
Update?

Quick Reply

Latest