The Student Room Group

AQA Physics P2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by goldenusername
I guessed brass for the pins, is that right??

according to bbc bitesize and my textbook....
Reply 81
Original post by WillCrowe00
I put copper as well. I don't know but you will probably get a mark for the reason anyway since it's probably the same for both. You might even get a mark for copper since it would make some sense. and I don't know if we were expected to know that the pins are made of brass.

yeah probably would have been safer to just put 'metal' as the markscheme would probably have 'allow metal' in it... oh well
I should have done the foundation paper smh
Reply 83
One of the questions asked you to draw the correct symbol for an ammeter and in the correct place in the circuit. I got the symbol right definitely however I don't know if I put it in the right place - I put it on the right of the circuit.

Just 1 mark by the way...
Original post by ruadb0y
One of the questions asked you to draw the correct symbol for an ammeter and in the correct place in the circuit. I got the symbol right definitely however I don't know if I put it in the right place - I put it on the right of the circuit.

It shouldn't matter where you put it, as long as it is in series.
Reply 85
Original post by WillCrowe00
It shouldn't matter where you put it, as long as it is in series.

I hope you're right, mate. That extra mark could
mean all the difference for me for getting into physics A level due to how stupidly hard that paper was
Original post by ruadb0y

you was supposed to place it in the middle on the right i think
Hopefully grade boundaries will be low my teacher asked other physics teachers and they couldn't answer those questions it took them a long time to understand them
Reply 88
Ladies and lads, after much searching, I have found an unofficial mark scheme. It is completely $hite but it seems to be the best out there. http://gcseanswers.co.uk/physics
Enjoy

EDIT: Link doesn't seem to work - I've added screenshots aswell.
image.png
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
I was honestly hoping for an A* overall in additional science because i flopped core but after p2 i'm not sure if i'll get it.

What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will look like?

I think it will be 45/60 for A*, 32/60 for an A and like 21 marks for a C...
I deffo failed Physics, preferred Chemistry
okay good, thank god. :smile:

I got that too i think, can you remember what the force was and the extension for any point?
spring constant 400 N/m anyone ?????
Original post by greenapple10
spring constant 400 N/m anyone ?????

yep
anyone remember how many marks question six was roughly?
Yeh I got that
Original post by BDunlop
I got that too i think, can you remember what the force was and the extension for any point?

what question was that again
Reply 97
you was supposed to place it in the middle on the right i think

I also put it on the right hand side in the middle
Original post by Ferg.
I also put it on the right hand side in the middle

how many marks was it? and thats good :smile:
There was a question on the chest spring that said three circuits was the same as three of 0.25 stretches or something?
I did 3*0.25 which gave me 0.75 and forgot what rest was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending