The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

UK leaves EU....what about us EU students now?

So it has happened.
You left.
You decision, ok.
But now what about us? I accepted a conditional place at westminster and still have to ask student finance to help me with the high costs for it.
Now what? Are they still going to give me money for the next three years of my life?
How can I know if suddently in one or two years they say that I cannot ask for a loan anymore? Where do you think I can find 30.000 pound?!?!
Thank you really....I have no word, a dream was about to become true and now all is destroyed.
All because of money
Please someone can help me because I'm going nuts here
Ask SFA :h:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
We don't leave for another two years minimum, you're fine
Reply 3
I doubt it'll affect the UK-EU education agreements for the foreseeable future. You should be fine, though, as usual, no one knows what they're going to do with this in Britain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stop being so melodramatic.
Original post by 0to100
Ask SFA :h:

They probably won't know yet.

I would hope for the OPs sake that they are starting university just in time. They estimate it will take 2 years for the UK to officially leave the UK, so OP should be ok for those two years. It's unknown whether they would qualify for the third year, but I think it would take a really heartless government to deny funding for students about to enter their final year. Changes to student loans are normally announced at least a year before they come into effect.
Original post by DarkMagic
They probably won't know yet.

I would hope for the OPs sake that they are starting university just in time. They estimate it will take 2 years for the UK to officially leave the UK, so OP should be ok for those two years. It's unknown whether they would qualify for the third year, but I think it would take a really heartless government to deny funding for students about to enter their final year. Changes to student loans are normally announced at least a year before they come into effect.

Yea in another one of these spam EU student threads in the past 5 minutes I said someone exactly this no worries lol :yes:
Reply 7
And UK students who were planning on studying in Germany or France for free or close to nothing....l
Original post by Kiki4ever
So it has happened.
You left.
You decision, ok.
But now what about us? I accepted a conditional place at westminster and still have to ask student finance to help me with the high costs for it.
Now what? Are they still going to give me money for the next three years of my life?
How can I know if suddently in one or two years they say that I cannot ask for a loan anymore? Where do you think I can find 30.000 pound?!?!
Thank you really....I have no word, a dream was about to become true and now all is destroyed.
All because of money

Hello

Our priority is to reassure and welcome all students as usual in 2016.

There will be no changes to fees for EU students starting studies here in September 2016.

In addition the government has confirmed that EU students who are eligible under current rules to receive loans and grants from the Student Loans Company will continue to do so for courses they are currently enrolled on or about to start this coming year.

So please don't worry. Your fees will be £9000 per year and you will continue to receive loans and grants from the Student Loans Company until you finish your course.

If you wish to discuss this further please call 020 7915 5511 and speak to a Course Enquiries Administrator.

We look forward to seeing you in September.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team :smile:
Reply 9
Deport them.

I'm joking. We haven't left the EU yet, and won't for another 2 years at least. I'm sure everyone who is on a degree now will continue to pay the same tuition fees and receive the same funding opportunities.

Now if you are starting a degree after we leave the EU, then that is a different matter and needs to be looked at.
Reply 10
Original post by Kiki4ever
So it has happened.
You left.
You decision, ok.
All because of money

University of Westminster has openly stated that any EU students will not have fees increased this year and once you are enrolled as an EU student your fees will stay the same for the 3 years of your studies. The same will most likely be the same for student finance. https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/prospective-students/eu-referendum-result

I've also completed my degree at Westminster and currently am a staff member. The fees will not increase for you throughout your studies if you are start September 2016.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending