The Student Room Group

The only possible way the UK could stay in the EU

1. Britain engages article 50 giving a two year deadline.

2. The EU, thinking pragmatically, offers a substantial reform package to the entire EU which offers reforms in the key areas which led to Brexit and which it failed to offer during Cameron's negotiations.

3. Britain provides a further referendum to the public in light of this new reform package and promises to continue to work to the two year deadline if the answer is still Brexit. If the answer is remain then article 50 is cancelled.

Unlikely, but the only possible way we could stay in the EU.

I really do think the EU should consider it.
Reply 1
We can hope
We can hope, especially now that Nigel Farage has admitted that the voting to leave promises were a lie to get people to Brexit... Foolish voters, couldn't even see past Farage's propaganda and they expect to thrive outside the EU? Smh.
Original post by Marshall Taylor
We can hope, especially now that Nigel Farage has admitted that the voting to leave promises were a lie to get people to Brexit... Foolish voters, couldn't even see past Farage's propaganda and they expect to thrive outside the EU? Smh.

The EU is too stubborn to consider this unfortunately I fear. It would only do this in desperate circumstances, i.e. if the EU started to seriously fall apart and getting Britain back in the fold increased the prospect of it staying together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending