The Student Room Group

I gained 1000 subscribers in 48 hours AMA

Just started a Youtube channel, didn't expect nearly this much attention but it is what it is. It's now almost at 2000 subscribers too but analytics takes like a day to update :angry:
Ask me anything, and if you want proof you can click here
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GUMI
Just started a Youtube channel, didn't expect nearly this much attention but it is what it is. It's now almost at 2000 subscribers too but analytics takes like a day to update :angry:
Thanks

you are my inspiration, well done
What did ya do, and whats your youtube channel?
What's your YouTube channel called?
Do you regret Brexit ?
Wouldnt common sense say you give us your youtube name,so your channel grows even more ?
Reply 5
Original post by Namita Gurung
What's your YouTube channel called?
Original post by SuperHuman98
What did ya do, and whats your youtube channel?
I'd prefer not to give anyone the link as I know the internet and I don't want any trolls and/or haters. Gotta keep that like/dislike ratio clean werq.pngSorry!

@SuperHuman98 I post lyric videos
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Kadak
Do you regret Brexit ?
Wouldnt common sense say you give us your youtube name,so your channel grows even more ?

I don't want to bring politics into this, but no, I voted leave and I don't regret it. But I'm not going to discuss anything further about it here.

No, the risks outweigh the benefits. i could potentially receive dislikes and hate comments/messages at the cost of receiving maybe 10 subscribers.
Why did you start your YouTube channel? Do you, if given the opportunity, want to turn into a full-time career? What kind of camera do you use to record videos?
Reply 8
Original post by GUMI
I don't want to bring politics into this, but no, I voted leave and I don't regret it. But I'm not going to discuss anything further about it here.

No, the risks outweigh the benefits. i could potentially receive dislikes and hate comments/messages at the cost of receiving maybe 10 subscribers.

You wanted us to ask you 'anything'.
I feel like it secretly has something to do with the anime girl style look you have going!

Also, as this is an AMA thread.. where did you come up with the name GUMI?!
Reply 10
Original post by Withengar
Why did you start your YouTube channel? Do you, if given the opportunity, want to turn into a full-time career? What kind of camera do you use to record videos?

I have a few less successful channels which I've kind of been on and off with. But to be honest this just happened out of nowhere, I just created the channel to upload some songs I really like then suddenly lots of traffic, I don't even know. I don't use a camera since I upload lyric videos but I use Sony Vegas Pro to edit my videos if that helps. It would be nice to turn into a career but at the same time this channel hinges on using other people's music and as you know (or may not), I cannot monetize copyrighted content otherwise it wouldn't fall under fair use.
Original post by ozmo19
You wanted us to ask you 'anything'.

Fair enough, but I would prefer to not answer anything else political thanks :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Lucarious30
I feel like it secretly has something to do with the anime girl style look you have going!

Also, as this is an AMA thread.. where did you come up with the name GUMI?!

:biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by GUMI
:biggrin:

Spoiler

Woah.. The girl in your link seems to be copying your look, I'd keep an eye on that :hide:
Reply 13
Original post by Lucarious30
Woah.. The girl in your link seems to be copying your look, I'd keep an eye on that :hide:

three.jpg
Jumpcut academy?
Original post by GUMI
Thanks

How did you gain subscribers so quicky?
Usually it takes a youtuber a very long time to get that many subs.
Reply 16
Original post by CharlesJH
How did you gain subscribers so quicky?
Usually it takes a youtuber a very long time to get that many subs.

It's all about timing, wording and being an opportunist. If you see a video go viral, those keywords in the title will probably be searched more often than regularly. I'll leave you with that much. :colone:

Vegas Pro :biggrin:
Original post by GUMI
It's all about timing, wording and being an opportunist. If you see a video go viral, those keywords in the title will probably be searched more often than regularly. I'll leave you with that much. :colone:

Damn, I remember having a channel when I was younger and it took about a year to get 1000 subs.
Reply 18
Original post by CharlesJH
Damn, I remember having a channel when I was younger and it took about a year to get 1000 subs.

Don't worry man, my first channel I took three years to get 270 subscribers haha. I was really young then and had no idea what marketing or even what subscribers were, I just made videos xD
Original post by GUMI
Don't worry man, my first channel I took three years to get 270 subscribers haha. I was really young then and had no idea what marketing or even what subscribers were, I just made videos xD

Yeah same. Mine eventually reached 10,000 before I shut it down because cringe and I didn't use it anymore.
I want to start one back up again to talk about things such as politics or current affairs (compared to *****y "comedy" videos I made), but I'm not sure if I have the confidence or motivation in doing so.

Quick Reply

Latest