The Student Room Group

AQA D2 Unofficial mark scheme

Felt pretty good about my answers, discuss yours too:

a. 58 hours
b. CGIKL
C. Float time = 2 (1)
d. Answers seen: 60 - 63 for this, unsure (3)

2. 61 (9)

3. Define zero-sum game (1)

Monica plays C Vladimir plays D (2)

B dominated by C

play A with p = 0.6, C with 0.4 (8)

Play D with 0.9, E 0.1 F 0 (4)

4. 3 as 8 < 20 and 15

Max P = 36, x = 6, y = 0, z = 6, s = 8?, t = 0, u = 0

DBCA (10)

£28100 (1)

X = 45? (2)

Max flow = 32

Hope these are all right.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Bobjim12

a. 58 hours
b. CGIKL
C. Float time = 2
d. 60 hours worker 1: critical path 2: everything else

2. 61

3. Define zero-sum game

Monica plays C Vladimir plays ?

B dominates C

play A with p = 0.6, C with 0.4

Play D with 0.9, E 0.1 F 0

4. 3 as 8 < 20 and 15

Max P = 36, x = 6, y = 0, z = 6, s = 8?, t = 0, u = 0

DBCA

£28100

X = 45?

Max flow = 32

Hope these are all right.

I agree with all of them apart from 60, I got 61
Reply 2
Original post by Jm098
I agree with all of them apart from 60, I got 61

I wasn't sure about that one tbh, what was your working?
That was a lovely D2 exam overall I think, and a nice end to the exam season :biggrin:

Most of your answers I can remember getting, so pretty confident overall - probably dropped 3 marks though.
Reply 4
I wasn't sure about that one tbh, what was your working?

I delayed to fit B? then H and I, but as F has float time of 2 so I only needed to be delayed by 3 days
Reply 5
Original post by Dapperblook22
That was a lovely D2 exam overall I think, and a nice end to the exam season :biggrin:

Most of your answers I can remember getting, so pretty confident overall - probably dropped 3 marks though.

It was quite a nice paper, i felt though that i was gonna run out of time as i just finished 4 with about 25 minutes to go. Thank God that i didn't make any mistakes while rushing the last question. The extra flow table scared me a little bit; there were like 8 blocks but i could only find 3 flows!
Reply 6
Original post by Jm098
I delayed to fit B? then H and I, but as F has float time of 2 so I only needed to be delayed by 3 days

I saw that E and B needed to be moved. After moving these, B was over the end of J by two hours, hence 60, but i feel as though you might be right with using F's float time
Reply 7
I got the exact same answers, for every question, I'm so happy :biggrin:
It was quite a nice paper, i felt though that i was gonna run out of time as i just finished 4 with about 25 minutes to go. Thank God that i didn't make any mistakes while rushing the last question. The extra flow table scared me a little bit; there were like 8 blocks but i could only find 3 flows!

Yeah, there were too many blocks :tongue:, I got four flows of 1 though, so a total augment of 4 overall (there was also two flows of 1 and one of 2 as an alternative) to give a max flow of 32.
Reply 9
Yeah, there were too many blocks :tongue:, I got four flows of 1 though, so a total augment of 4 overall (there was also two flows of 1 and one of 2 as an alternative) to give a max flow of 32.

Oh yes, i had 1 2 and 1 flows. Excellent. I may have just scraped 100 in this one! Quite convenient after the shambles that was M3
Reply 10
What has it been for full UMS? Like 73?
Reply 11
Could you do the network flows in pencil as well? Haha
Reply 12
Original post by Jm098
What has it been for full UMS? Like 73?

Its been like 73/74 most years
Reply 13
For the simplex question, did people get fractions as their final values for P etc? I did and just wrote them to 3 dp.... Is this right?
Original post by Jm098
Could you do the network flows in pencil as well? Haha

Yes and no (kinda); in reports they recommended doing the initial flow in pen so it is clearer to the examiner to see and then augmenting the flows with pencil.
Reply 15
Yes and no (kinda); in reports they recommended doing the initial flow in pen so it is clearer to the examiner to see and then augmenting the flows with pencil.

Oh really :frown: did it all in pencil
Not sure 1d is correct because of you assign one worker critical path and the other everything else you end up starting I before you've finished its presendence(E) and so it doesn't work
was it monica C and vladmir D for their play-safe strategies?

also, did we have to state the minimum completion time?! I didn't - i just left it in the diagram :frown:
how many marks was dynamic programming? was it 9 for the table + 1 for the max profit,
or 10 for the table and 1 for the max profit?

a. 58 hours
b. CGIKL
C. Float time = 2
d. 60 hours worker 1: critical path 2: everything else

2. 61

3. Define zero-sum game

Monica plays C Vladimir plays ?

B dominates C

play A with p = 0.6, C with 0.4

Play D with 0.9, E 0.1 F 0