The Student Room Group

NCS/The Challenge

Scroll to see replies

I'm leaving on Monday the 29th june 2015, (4 days) and i haven't received any text message or anything about a hoodie and neither have any of my friends.
Do they force you to do things that you don't like (for example if you're scared of heights do they make you do rock climbing
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you do proper camping in tents at any point? And if so how long for?
I don't know if you will see this because this post was ages ago but i going to NCS in the summer and i am petrified of water. The person that i spoke to said that i don't have to take part in them if i don't want to but i am still extremely worried that they will try and make me. So, i was wondering how many water sports they usually do and if it is possible to not take part. Thank you
Reply 64
My girlfriend is doing NCS, I'm not trying to be a bad boyfriend but should I be worried at all? Like are there any alcoholic parties? Is there a likelihood that people end up kissing/ in relatioships after it? But don't get me wrong, I trust her and all but I just want to hear from other people
Reply 65
Hi...I haven't received my hoodie..when will I be given my hoodie?
Im going on the 7th of July in Manchester. How many bags are people bringing?
Reply 67
No alcohol is allowed and if found they will be kicked off the course so no alcoholic parties and no opposite genders are allowed in on another's room so a guy and a girl would only be together when in their teams. (I know this as I am going on Monday!🙌🏼) Also some relationships do form (I have heard) from NCS but whether they last or not I am not sure and I highly doubt anyone will have time to be flirting/dating:smile:
Reply 68
Original post by Jamie.d
My girlfriend is doing NCS, I'm not trying to be a bad boyfriend but should I be worried at all? Like are there any alcoholic parties? Is there a likelihood that people end up kissing/ in relatioships after it? But don't get me wrong, I trust her and all but I just want to hear from other people

No alcohol is allowed and if found they will be kicked off the course so no alcoholic parties and no opposite genders are allowed in on another's room so a guy and a girl would only be together when in their teams. (I know this as I am going on Monday!🙌🏼) Also some relationships do form (I have heard) from NCS but whether they last or not I am not sure and I highly doubt anyone will have time to be flirting/dating
What do u need to bring and what are u allowed to wear and do we need any monwy at all to buy fod except for the swets and chocolate
Reply 70
Hi, sorry just wanted to ask, do I have to bring any waterproof clothes ? Also is it weird if I brought like a small suitcase or shall I stick to a rucksack or something?
Original post by Mashhhh
Hi, sorry just wanted to ask, do I have to bring any waterproof clothes ? Also is it weird if I brought like a small suitcase or shall I stick to a rucksack or something?

Hi, I've just finished the first week of NCS and I would highly recommend a waterproof jacket! At the place I went to, it rained a lot for the first couple of days so my clothes got soaked and there wasn't really any way I could dry them. And everyone brought a suitcase, some were quite big, I actually brought a suitcase and a backpack to carry my lunch/change of clothes/water/suncream etc each day. Hope that helped x
Reply 72
Is it OK if I skip the second phase but still join in the 3rd even if I don't want to graduate?

Quick Reply

Latest