The Student Room Group

UKCAT

I am sorry if this question has already been asked. But I don't know what book to buy for the UKCAT. Please someone tell me book. The ISC has mixed reviews so I don't know cause the UKCAT test has changed.
I'd stick to Medify if I were you
It has a lot of practice qs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by spiritless98
I'd stick to Medify if I were you
It has a lot of practice qs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you using that along with other resources on UKCAT? and btw is it updated for us to use due to the changes? Thanks
Original post by missdumb
Are you using that along with other resources on UKCAT? and btw is it updated for us to use due to the changes? Thanks

I did my ukcat last year and that's all I used and have a conditional offer..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am sorry if this question has already been asked. But I don't know what book to buy for the UKCAT. Please someone tell me book. The ISC has mixed reviews so I don't know cause the UKCAT test has changed.

Kaplan: Score higher on the UKCAT is one I recommend. Like the others have already mentioned, Medify is a very useful resource.

Good luck.
Reply 5
Yeah dont get isc, medify+kaplan is fine.

Also don't go to those kaplan courses unless you want to throw away £££

Well the ISC book has always had mixed reviews. The old version was very good but people felt the QR was a bit on the hard side. But this year they have added 400 more questions including easier QR so in my view that makes it a better book.
Reply 7
oh wow everyone has different views but I will medify for now and don't know whether to buy Kaplan or ISC?
oh wow everyone has different views but I will medify for now and don't know whether to buy Kaplan or ISC?

I'd buy both and not enroll on any courses! they are convenient but the most important thing to do is practice it ypurself.and then figure out what is best for you.

Lots of people claiming to be tutors and experts, I'm not so convinced! I tjink you need to put in the effort yourself :wink: no shortcuts it's that simple.
Reply 9
Original post by Tina_futureDr
I got this book from amazon. Comes from Uniadmission which has a wide selection of books that is fit for purpose.
I am half way through the book and will leave more feed back when I am done. So far this boos is amazing. It offers 1200 questions (a book with maximum number of practice questions in the market). Even for a not so bright person like me, the explanations are easy to follow. UKCAT is all about practice and doing more questions and familiarization (atleast that what people tell). So I am sticking to doing so many.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-UKCAT-Guide-Techniques-Strategies/dp/0993231195/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467447311&sr=8-2&keywords=ukcat

HEy, Have you done your UKCAT test yet? How did it go?
HEy, Have you done your UKCAT test yet? How did it go?

Hi missdumb

I couldn't help but notice that our UKCAT book was mentioned! Of course, I am going to tell you that it is fantastic and definitely worth checking out. :smile:

I just also wanted to say that whichever resources you are considering, make sure that they are the most up to date and comprehensive available as they can vary largely and you obviously want to give yourself the best chance possible.

As with many things there are conflicting options about whether taking a UKCAT course is a good idea or not. This can be a difficult decision, particularly as you are making a financial investment if you do choose to take one. Of course only you can decide on whether or not a course is the right thing for you to do. You might be interested in reading this blog which is about this exact subject.

I hope that is useful. Do feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions... always happy to help!

UniAdmissions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending