The Student Room Group

Using Other Students' Notes in Clinical Medicine

I never used to use other people's notes as I felt the textbook (K/C or Davidson's or OHCM) and smaller summary texts (like Crash Course) were good enough.

However, anyone who has now used something like Alasdair Scott's notes (a better, more concise version of OHCM with mnemonics) seems to have loved it (including myself).

Just wondering, have other people ever used older person's notes? Do these exist for Paeds/O and G? (if so, would love to know where to get them)
Reply 1
Original post by Arian315
I never used to use other people's notes as I felt the textbook (K/C or Davidson's or OHCM) and smaller summary texts (like Crash Course) were good enough.

However, anyone who has now used something like Alasdair Scott's notes (a better, more concise version of OHCM with mnemonics) seems to have loved it (including myself).

Just wondering, have other people ever used older person's notes? Do these exist for Paeds/O and G? (if so, would love to know where to get them)

Alastair Scott's notes are quite useful but they are basically a copy of the OHCM (even written in the same order per chapter) - they can also be a bit too detailed for finals (I mean he did win the all London medal!)
Reply 2
Original post by Sambo2
Alastair Scott's notes are quite useful but they are basically a copy of the OHCM (even written in the same order per chapter) - they can also be a bit too detailed for finals (I mean he did win the all London medal!)

Really? Thought they weren't detailed enough for my exams (UCL).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending