The Student Room Group

ISC 1000Q Book - UKCAT AR

Okay so the AR questions are sometimes gettable in this book, but otherwise are SO hard (like legit unsolvable)compared to Medify or the Pearson Student toolkit thing
Will those kinds come in the official test?
Original post by dakshsaksena
Okay so the AR questions are sometimes gettable in this book, but otherwise are SO hard (like legit unsolvable)compared to Medify or the Pearson Student toolkit thing
Will those kinds come in the official test?

I had some easy and some really hard ones on my test. One thing I realised when I was preparing though is that sometimes the difficulty is not actually in the relationship but in how you look at it. In other words you need to look at it the right way. But there are even some simple ones I could not get. What matters is that you train you brain to look at all the various possibilities
Original post by UKCATrocks
I had some easy and some really hard ones on my test. One thing I realised when I was preparing though is that sometimes the difficulty is not actually in the relationship but in how you look at it. In other words you need to look at it the right way. But there are even some simple ones I could not get. What matters is that you train you brain to look at all the various possibilities

Okay cool thanks, how much did you get btw?
VR:750
QR:710
AR:690
As you can see AR is not my strength and I did find that the exam was harder than the official practice questions on the UKCAT website.
Original post by UKCATrocks
VR:750
QR:710
AR:690
As you can see AR is not my strength and I did find that the exam was harder than the official practice questions on the UKCAT website.

You practiced from ISC and the official practice questions?
Original post by dakshsaksena
You practiced from ISC and the official practice questions?

Yes, from the ISC1000Q book (ie the updated version from the 600Q book). And then did the questions on the official ukcat site. I only started my prep 3 weeks before the exam and so I didn't really have the time to do more than that. And I wanted to get it done early to avoid the stress of having to wait all summer to take it. I wanted to do Medify but the problem is that it doesn't have all the new style AR questions.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending