The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham International.Study Centre

Any reviews on the Study Group International Foundation at Durham?

I have unconditional offers from Studygroup foundation at Durham and another none at INTO Foundation Queens Belfast both leading to Law LLB.

I find Queen's INTO more warm friendlier and gives me a lot if comfort I get responses to my queries in no time.And I heard that tjey provide student support interms of progression.

Though Study Group foundation leads to progression degree in Law at Durham that ranks higher than Belfast, Durham has fewer seats for law.I am confident of getting good LNAT scores.

I am thinking hard which one to choose. Any inputs can help me.
Original post by Santhi Narayan
Any reviews on the Study Group International Foundation at Durham?

I have unconditional offers from Studygroup foundation at Durham and another none at INTO Foundation Queens Belfast both leading to Law LLB.

I find Queen's INTO more warm friendlier and gives me a lot if comfort I get responses to my queries in no time.And I heard that tjey provide student support interms of progression.

Though Study Group foundation leads to progression degree in Law at Durham that ranks higher than Belfast, Durham has fewer seats for law.I am confident of getting good LNAT scores.

I am thinking hard which one to choose. Any inputs can help me.

Hello!

I did my international foundation year at Queens Campus in Stockton so I may be able to help!
Foundation year at the ISC in Queens Campus was great, challenging but not impossible and you receive a lot of academic support from tutors. The campus is quite small and very easy to navigate and very close to the student accommodation at Rialto Court, Grosvenor House and Infinity House and there are other student accommodations very close to Campus. The staff at Queens Campus are amazing and very supportive and kind (Especially Sophie and the Progression team), and you make friends very easily with other students because classes are generally smaller in size so you get to know everyone quickly :smile:

The progression requirements for Law are quite high at Durham International Foundation year but not too hard as I know many students who did law at the ISC and successfully progressed to Durham despite how high the progression requirement is.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

-Ghala
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Durham Students
Hello!

I did my international foundation year at Queens Campus in Stockton so I may be able to help!
Foundation year at the ISC in Queens Campus was great, challenging but not impossible and you receive a lot of academic support from tutors. The campus is quite small and very easy to navigate and very close to the student accommodation at Rialto Court, Grosvenor House and Infinity House and there are other student accommodations very close to Campus. The staff at Queens Campus are amazing and very supportive and kind (Especially Sophie and the Progression team), and you make friends very easily with other students because classes are generally smaller in size so you get to know everyone quickly :smile:

The progression requirements for Law are quite high at Durham International Foundation year but not too hard as I know many students who did law at the ISC and successfully progressed to Durham despite how high the progression requirement is.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

-Ghala

Thank.you Ghala
Reply 3
Would be keen to hear more feedback. Have also received an opportunity to study at the ISC at Durham with progression to philosophy. Whats the social life like? Do you interact at all with actual Durham students? Whats the class size (like in all courses at that campus)?
Original post by xmasbaby
Would be keen to hear more feedback. Have also received an opportunity to study at the ISC at Durham with progression to philosophy. Whats the social life like? Do you interact at all with actual Durham students? Whats the class size (like in all courses at that campus)?

Hiya,

Stockton is quite small so most ISC students tend to go to Durham or Newcastle on the weekends but in terms of Social life students tend to hang out with other students from their accommodation in Rialto or Infinity House or on campus. Our campus is separate from the Durham campus so we don't get to interact with Durham students unless we go to Durham or join any societies in Durham. Class sizes differ with each module, ranging from 10-15 and sometimes less.

Hope this helps 🙂

-Ghala
Reply 5
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya,

Stockton is quite small so most ISC students tend to go to Durham or Newcastle on the weekends but in terms of Social life students tend to hang out with other students from their accommodation in Rialto or Infinity House or on campus. Our campus is separate from the Durham campus so we don't get to interact with Durham students unless we go to Durham or join any societies in Durham. Class sizes differ with each module, ranging from 10-15 and sometimes less.

Hope this helps 🙂

-Ghala

Also for arts and humanities how are the modules split?

Quick Reply

Latest