The Student Room Group

Is vaginal steaming worth it?

I'm going to a spa soon and they offer vaginal steaming for an extra £40. Has anyone else had this? It's supposed to feel like an energetic release as it cleans your uterus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by floury
I'm going to a spa soon and they offer vaginal steaming for an extra £40. Has anyone else had this? It's supposed to feel like an energetic release as it cleans your uterus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds awful. I've never had it done. This is a link to the first website I saw on Google about it https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jan/30/sorry-gwyneth-paltrow-but-steaming-your-vagina-is-a-bad-idea

I think at a spa there will be much more pleasant treatments available!
Reply 2
What the actual ****
What on earth is that..?! :eek: I'm almost afraid to google it...
Your utetus don't need cleaning unless your doctor advises it for medical reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hear Gwyneth Paltrow is quite a fan. That is all you need to know about it.
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your vagina doesn't need cleaning, it is self cleaning. Putting things up there that shouldn't be will disrupt the delicate ecosystem of bacteria and could cause problems for you
Reply 7
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile
The actual ****. Your vagina should clean itself, internally anyway. If it isn't you don't need it steaming, you need a gynecologist.
Vaginas are self-cleaning.:curious:
The uterus and the vagina are two different things lol. Steaming does not always = cleaning. If it was bad for the body then it wouldn't be allowed to be done
Is this really a thing? I have never heard of this before. It sounds like steam cleaning your car engine. If you do it tell us how it was. Next people will start getting their bum holes steam cleaned.
Reply 11
:lolwut:
Original post by katherine9609
The uterus and the vagina are two different things lol. Steaming does not always = cleaning. If it was bad for the body then it wouldn't be allowed to be done

The vagina itself still has a small ecosystem of bacteria. You know that is not true either or else alcohol or tobacco wouldn't be legal
I don't think it's a very good idea tbh.
Im aware. I'm not trying to defend the idea as to me, it's pretty stupid, pointless and a waste of money. Just stating some facts.

It's pretty ridiculous to compare a substance such as alcohol to steam so unfair comparison here
Original post by katherine9609
Im aware. I'm not trying to defend the idea as to me, it's pretty stupid, pointless and a waste of money. Just stating some facts.

It's pretty ridiculous to compare a substance such as alcohol to steam so unfair comparison here

According to this article

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/gwyneth-paltrow-v-steam

A clinical professor of ob gyn at Yale University recommends against it on grounds that it could damage the bacteria or burn. I would rather trust an actual gynecologist than you, no offense.
What!!
Wat?
Hu Wat~
.-.
Just because the vagina is self cleaning, it doesn't mean you shouldn't clean it. :colonhash: Steaming is very odd though
As I said before, I never defended the idea or said it was good :wink:
Reply 19
*****es be crazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending