The Student Room Group

Fordyce Spots and Girls

This is quite embarrassing but I have Fordyce spots all over the underside of my penis shaft (look a bit like goosebumps, google if unsure... or not). My mental health has taken a hit recently and I’ve just lost all confidence for everything, to be honest I just need reassurance and/or advice. Do girls notice these spots? As a girl, would they bother you in oral or vaginal sex? Would you know what they are? Should I mention them beforehand as a sort of heads up? I’m completely lost on how to cope. If any lads with them quite bad read this pls reply as well honestly. I’m 17, reasonably fit (active), and fairly intelligent (ish). Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
This is quite embarrassing but I have Fordyce spots all over the underside of my penis shaft (look a bit like goosebumps, google if unsure... or not). My mental health has taken a hit recently and I’ve just lost all confidence for everything, to be honest I just need reassurance and/or advice. Do girls notice these spots? As a girl, would they bother you in oral or vaginal sex? Would you know what they are? Should I mention them beforehand as a sort of heads up? I’m completely lost on how to cope. If any lads with them quite bad read this pls reply as well honestly. I’m 17, reasonably fit (active), and fairly intelligent (ish). Thank you so much :smile:

Have you had this checked by a GP or medical professional? Just in case! (Also may be good to see them about your mental health). That way you can reassure a girl that it's nothing like an STI. But to be honest, if they question it or look like they've noticed, just explain it. Better to have open communication :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

If you've done a bit of looking up about then you should knows they go away most of the time and if not completely then mostly after puberty has completed it's course as the oil glands shrink due to less excess hormones and oils. I personally have them so understand your concern with another partner seeing them, however I am celibate till married so I plan on them having gone away before that becomes a possible problem. i would make them aware for both your sakes. no matter how bad they are if they're not expecting it and notice them bit don't know what they are then you're likely to see a facial reaction that will shatter your confidence. if you tell them about it non-challant as they are harmless and pose no problem except a little extra texture if doing oral or vaginal ( I don't see any problem with the latter but it's their choice) and they say no to either or bith till they've cleared up then you have no choice but to respect their decision. But try to inform them properly and encourage then to do their own research before saying outright no. But if they do say no please respect it.
I'm 38, had these my whole life, and have totally lost all confidence - not only 'in the bedroom', but in general. Please don't just wish them away, certainly not if your mental health is suffering. Do something about it - see someone - and if your doctor is no help then see someone else. My doctor said they're normal and nothing could be done about them so I just accepted it. I hate him for that. I just found out they can be removed with CO2 laser treatment. Not had it done yet but booking it in ASAP. I wish I knew this when I was 17. If I did, I might have a family now...I genuinely feel like this has ruined my life. Hope this helps others.
Original post by nottellingu
I'm 38, had these my whole life, and have totally lost all confidence - not only 'in the bedroom', but in general. Please don't just wish them away, certainly not if your mental health is suffering. Do something about it - see someone - and if your doctor is no help then see someone else. My doctor said they're normal and nothing could be done about them so I just accepted it. I hate him for that. I just found out they can be removed with CO2 laser treatment. Not had it done yet but booking it in ASAP. I wish I knew this when I was 17. If I did, I might have a family now...I genuinely feel like this has ruined my life. Hope this helps others.

How did the laser treatment go? Thanks for sharing your point of view, it really helped me decide to do something about it

Quick Reply

Latest