The Student Room Group

UKCAT MEDIFY or UNIADMISSIONS

So I've got the ukcat 1000 book, and I was thinking of getting Medify, infact I was set on getting it until I saw someone say it is rarely useless. I am aware of the fact some courses are unnecessary so I was thinking if the UNIADMISSIONS course since it's only £115 compared to the ridiculous amount a KAPLAN one is. Can anyone advise on whether to just go for Medify or to do the UNIADMISSIONS course aswell? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
After checking the UKCAT website and other websites it seems that the score in this years' Decision making section will not be counted, this means that the scores given to test takers and universities will be out of 2700 only. This is due to the fact that this section is new and is currently being tested. Considering the fact that the score will not be taken into account I am considering not wasting my energy during the exam and thus not answering any questions in this section. This will obviously be helpful as I will be able to focus on the other sections of the exam. Is this a crazy idea? Will there be repercussions? Surely this is the most logical thing to do.

Thanks,

A swift reply would be extremely well received as my exam is on Thursday :/

adamhughesstekly
Original post by Hamza33
So I've got the ukcat 1000 book, and I was thinking of getting Medify, infact I was set on getting it until I saw someone say it is rarely useless. I am aware of the fact some courses are unnecessary so I was thinking if the UNIADMISSIONS course since it's only £115 compared to the ridiculous amount a KAPLAN one is. Can anyone advise on whether to just go for Medify or to do the UNIADMISSIONS course aswell? Thanks.

Hi Hamza33,

Thanks for thinking of us! We can't comment for other companies but we can say that we offer the most comprehensive resources available as part of our UKCAT courses e.g. a physical and ebook copy of the Ultimate UKCAT guide (with 1200 practice questions), online lectures, ongoing tutor support till your test, 2 full mock papers etc.

Regardless of which course you attend, ensure you put in the hours before and after the course. Remember, simply attending a course isn't enough to ensure success! For more UKCAT advice, feel free to drop us a PM or email!

Hope that helps, and good luck with your preparation!

UniAdmissions
Original post by ahughesstekly
Hi,After checking the UKCAT website and other websites it seems that the score in this years' Decision making section will not be counted, this means that the scores given to test takers and universities will be out of 2700 only. This is due to the fact that this section is new and is currently being tested. Considering the fact that the score will not be taken into account I am considering not wasting my energy during the exam and thus not answering any questions in this section. This will obviously be helpful as I will be able to focus on the other sections of the exam. Is this a crazy idea? Will there be repercussions? Surely this is the most logical thing to do.

Hello ahughesstekly,Yes you're correct. The Decision Making section is brand new to the UKCAT in 2016. It replaces an old section called Decision Analysis which involved deciphering the meaning of various coded phrases and is no longer tested.This section will NOT form any part of the mark you score for the UKCAT and the universities you apply to will not be able to see how you performed. It is a trial run this year and the data from your responses will be used to help develop the section for future years.

You cannot use the time for this section on the other sections due to the way the software is setup in the exam. However, there is no official penalty if you should choose to "not answer any questions". However, we would still encourage you to at least attempt most of the questions rather than completely switch off for 30 minutes.

For more UKCAT information + advice, check out the UKCAT information centre.

Hope that helps and good luck for thursday! Feel free to get in touch if you have any last minute questions!

UniAdmissions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending