The Student Room Group

Medify or medentry: Answered

Guys i sat my UCAT yesterday and got 2990 Band 1, higher than any mock. So... i can finally answer this classic question

Medify is harder for AR and QR. The patterns were much more simple in my UCAT - they were just shape, number or symmetry ones.
For DM, the logical puzzles are easier than medify, as are the venn diagrams. otherwise, it's pretty much representative.
VR is very different. Although the passage lengths are shorter in the actual thing compared to Medify, the question styles are different. My best advice would be to use the official UCAT resources.
SJT is similar on both but the banding for the mocks is harsher.

I used Medentry too. I found the QR was very similar to the actual thing. However, I would recommend using Medify as consistently practicing these harder questions will make the questions a breeze on the day of your exam. AR was easier on Medentry than Medify, but more similar to my actual UCAT. Finally VR and DM were too easy on Medentry.
I didn't use Medentry for SJT.

Overall, Medify is better than Medentry as it's harder so it prepares you for the actual day better. However, the official UCAT resources are the best. Do all the questions twice and time yourself. The QR is way too hard on the UCAT site so don't be disheartened, though the AR and DM is very representative. Also, the VR is good to do as you can get used to the question style. Definitely do the official SJT questions twice as I found that they were very similar in my exam, literally just with the ethnic minority names changed.

Good luck everyone! Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
omg thank you so much for this im actually panicking hope ur happy wid ur results!!!!
im doing so bad in AR rn on medify and sjt although i havent done much practice for sjt.
do u have any advice for vr and ar in particular? and how many mocks apporx did u do
Reply 3
I did 18 medify mocks and all 4 of the official UCAT ones. don't do more than 1 mock a day.

for sjt, make flashcards with situations you frequently encounter. AR was so difficult for me on medify to begin with, you may want to consider getting medentry if you can. kharmamedic's ar walkthrough was so helpful to me.

i am happy and don't panic - i promise it's easier on the day :smile:
Original post by indiequeen
I did 18 medify mocks and all 4 of the official UCAT ones. don't do more than 1 mock a day.

for sjt, make flashcards with situations you frequently encounter. AR was so difficult for me on medify to begin with, you may want to consider getting medentry if you can. kharmamedic's ar walkthrough was so helpful to me.

i am happy and don't panic - i promise it's easier on the day :smile:

Hi and thank you so much for your help. It means a lot and wishing you all the best for your application! :smile:
I have my exam this Thursday and I really want to do well. I used to get 2500-2600 on medify and AR and QR are my best sections getting a constant 700. VR is my worst though and I never got more than 600. Do you think I will get much worst on the real exam?
Reply 5
Original post by Greekdentist
Hi and thank you so much for your help. It means a lot and wishing you all the best for your application! :smile:
I have my exam this Thursday and I really want to do well. I used to get 2500-2600 on medify and AR and QR are my best sections getting a constant 700. VR is my worst though and I never got more than 600. Do you think I will get much worst on the real exam?

thank you so much greekdentist. it's no problem :smile:
2500-2600 were my medify averages the week before my exam. i think the scaled scoring is quite harsh on there. keep up the AR and QR if they're your best medify sections, you should smash them in the exam as medify is much harder.
as for VR, the passage lengths are shorter than medify if that helps. though the question options are longer. vr was my best in practice but i struggled with it being the first section so the nerves were still there. try your best with it, aim for a 600 if you can but it honestly seems like you can pick the marks up elsewhere if needs be.
thank you so much greekdentist. it's no problem :smile:
2500-2600 were my medify averages the week before my exam. i think the scaled scoring is quite harsh on there. keep up the AR and QR if they're your best medify sections, you should smash them in the exam as medify is much harder.
as for VR, the passage lengths are shorter than medify if that helps. though the question options are longer. vr was my best in practice but i struggled with it being the first section so the nerves were still there. try your best with it, aim for a 600 if you can but it honestly seems like you can pick the marks up elsewhere if needs be.

Hi thank you so much that is so reassuring!:smile:
I will try my best for the VR and if it doesn't end up that well I will just continue to boost my performance in the other sections.
How did you find DM and SJT vs medify?
Reply 7
awww it's okay :smile:
SJT was the exact same as the official resources, just practice those over and over instead of medify. most of it was 'not important' or 'very inappropriate' for me and i got kinda stressed bc i thought i was doing it all wrong. i was consistently getting band 2 on medify mocks so the actual ucat banding is less harsh.
DM - the logical puzzles were easier. the numbers in the venn diagrams were way smaller and the answer options were shorter. for the probability questions some were the same as the official question bank. the syllogisms were very similar to medify.
awww it's okay :smile:
SJT was the exact same as the official resources, just practice those over and over instead of medify. most of it was 'not important' or 'very inappropriate' for me and i got kinda stressed bc i thought i was doing it all wrong. i was consistently getting band 2 on medify mocks so the actual ucat banding is less harsh.
DM - the logical puzzles were easier. the numbers in the venn diagrams were way smaller and the answer options were shorter. for the probability questions some were the same as the official question bank. the syllogisms were very similar to medify.

Thank you so much!!:smile::wink:
Will try my best and will let know how my exam went
Reply 9
Original post by Greekdentist
Thank you so much!!:smile::wink:
Will try my best and will let know how my exam went

i am rooting for you greekdentist!!! i know you can do this - you've got the medify stats to prove it.
also are you actually greek?? kharmamedic is too have you seen his ucat videos? he's so cute you defo should
i am rooting for you greekdentist!!! i know you can do this - you've got the medify stats to prove it.
also are you actually greek?? kharmamedic is too have you seen his ucat videos? he's so cute you defo should

Thank you so much for all the positive vibes we got this!!!:o:)
Yes I am yeah Kharma medic's youtube videos are so nice and actually I saw some of his ucat videos too.
Guys i sat my UCAT yesterday and got 2990 Band 1, higher than any mock. So... i can finally answer this classic question

Medify is harder for AR and QR. The patterns were much more simple in my UCAT - they were just shape, number or symmetry ones.
For DM, the logical puzzles are easier than medify, as are the venn diagrams. otherwise, it's pretty much representative.
VR is very different. Although the passage lengths are shorter in the actual thing compared to Medify, the question styles are different. My best advice would be to use the official UCAT resources.

I used Medentry too. I found the QR was very similar to the actual thing. However, I would recommend using Medify as consistently practicing these harder questions will make the questions a breeze on the day of your exam. AR was easier on Medentry than Medify, but more similar to my actual UCAT. Finally VR and DM were too easy on Medentry.

Overall, Medify is better than Medentry as it's harder so it prepares you for the actual day better. However, the official UCAT resources are the best. Do all the questions twice and time yourself. The QR is way too hard on the UCAT site so don't be disheartened, though the AR and DM is very representative. Also, the VR is good to do as you can get used to the question style. Definitely do the official SJT questions twice as I found that they were very similar in my exam, literally just with the ethnic minority names changed.

I need help please. My ucat is in 2 days and on my recent mock I got 2150. I really want 3000+ I've been using only MedEntry as I can't afford more than 1 resource. Please tell me how I can ensure I get 3000+ on the actual day😭
Edit: Omg guys I found slots!! But in a nearby city. Not my same one💔. I'm so happy I rescheduled‼️
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Shambles23
I need help please. My ucat is in 2 days and on my recent mock I got 2150. I rrally want 3000+ I've been using only MedEntry as I can't afford more than 1 resourse. Please tell me how I can ensure I get 3000+ on the actual day😭

do the official ucat resources once and do them again!
even if you can get your score to 2600 it's enough for medicine. it's unrealistic to expect your score to go up by 1000 in 2 days unfortunately, but you don't need it to be 3000 so don't worry.
Original post by Shambles23
I need help please. My ucat is in 2 days and on my recent mock I got 2150. I rrally want 3000+ I've been using only MedEntry as I can't afford more than 1 resourse. Please tell me how I can ensure I get 3000+ on the actual day😭

Try to boost QR and AR.
Reply 14
even if you can get your score to 2600 it's enough for medicine. it's unrealistic to expect your score to go up by 1000 in 2 days unfortunately, but you don't need it to be 3000 so don't worry.

hi there !
any chance you had any dm notes plz , need some help!
thanks
Reply 15

Thank you so much. This advice is really helpfull!!
Reply 16
Original post by ssa99
hi there !
any chance you had any dm notes plz , need some help!
thanks

heyyy
i do have DM notes but personal message me about it.
Reply 17
Original post by humna87
Thank you so much. This advice is really helpfull!!

no problem at all!!! i'm glad it helped :smile:

Thanks so much. I rescheduled my test till a much later date 😁
Reply 19
heyyy
i do have DM notes but personal message me about it.

thanks will do !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending