The Student Room Group

Andrea Leadsom: male carers might be paedophiles

What percentage of men are slightly paedophile?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Valet123

You tell us along with what you mean by slightly paedophile and so,me credible sources.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You tell us along with what you mean by slightly paedophile and so,me credible sources.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/leadsom-male-carers-might-be-paedophiles-btxfs8hx7

Creepy woman
The woman just keeps putting her foot in it. Thank God she didn't make PM.
Reply 4
Probably a more widely held view than many of us care to think, but pretty ****ing ridiculous all the same.
Female carers can also be pedophiles as shown by several articles posted here.
I don't like the idea of males caring for young children it seems like a disaster waiting to happen. But then there have been a few female paedophiles caught over the years...

Sexism it is, but there's still truth in it
Reply 7
I like how unapologetically traditional she is. Would have been a very good PM. I don't like the idea of male careers at all tbh
We are now living in a culture where children are being encouraged to be frightened of men. We need more males in nursery and primary school settings because the majority of these positions are taken by females.
Original post by Valet123

count me in
I was brought up in care back in the 40s and 50s and the nuns in terms of abusers were on a par with the priests. There wasn't a lot to choose between them.
Glad she didn't become PM.
My primary school was entirely made up of female teachers apart from 1 headteacher who lasted about a year and a cleaner. My high school was mostly female to begin with but began getting more equal in later years.

Whilst men are more likely to be paedophiles than women, only an extremely small proportion of the population are paedophiles, and there must be regular testing in place for any teacher who wants to work with children, regardless of gender.
I think she was talking about male babysitters and why she would not prefer a male babysitter.

It's down to personal preference I guess, but I recognise her point that males are more likely to act on their sexual instincts than females.

This is a widely accepted knowledge, so nothing new here?

This is what she said:

“As an employer we’re not, let’s face it, most of us don’t employ men as nannies, most of us don’t,” she said. “Now you can call that sexist, I call that cautious and very sensible when you look at the stats. Your odds are stacked against you if you employ a man.
I think this is raises more of an issue about political correctness than sexism, given that she was talking about the likelihood of child sexual abuse supported by statistic.
And people wonder why more men don't go into positions involving childcare and as such lmao. Nice to see her moronic views still shining through.
In other words, she wasn't applying the comments on male 'carers', just babysitters. This seems fair because they are not subject to cross-supervision from their colleagues like teachers are, so one must be careful and consider the risk when hiring a babysitter.

Surely this is sensible?

Article
Many people probably do think this.
It's blatant sexism, saying it isn't is like saying not hiring muslims (as most terrorists are Muslims) is not racist.
Reply 17
Institutionalised sexism here some group who claim they stand for equality for both genders should be on the case
“As an employer we’re not, let’s face it, most of us don’t employ men as nannies, most of us don’t,” she said. “Now you can call that sexist, I call that cautious and very sensible when you look at the stats. Your odds are stacked against you if you employ a man.

What a ridiculous statement! So she wouldn't trust a man to look after her children; she kept on going about how she's a mother - but she does know they all have a father who is male and probably looked after her children; of which she has two sons which are obviously pedophiles too then...

Also, as a male who will be starting a primary education degree in September - I am glad that she stepped down for the leadership as I would worry about the future of males in teaching jobs. There is already a shortage of male teachers and she's not exactly encouraging more to take up the carrier. There have been studies to show that, especially for boys, that positive male influences correlates to future success. I have even seen one boy come out of his shell a lot more, when I've been in the class and even the teacher thinks it's wonderful that he's talking more and more. I have had great reviews on work experience reports needed to get offers at some of the universities I applied for.

Yes pedophiles are out there but they are such a small percentage (probably less than 0.5%) of the population of which a proportion of those will be women and most of which are (hopefully) in prison. So to pretty much say that 50% of the country are pedophiles is outrageous. Seeming that women could be pedophiles too; maybe we shouldn't have nannies completely and get a robot instead!

If Boris Johnson said something along the lines of "women should not with children" he would be sacked from his ministerial role so should Leadsom! Also, why is she Environment Secretary when she's pro-fox hunting and didn't believe in global warming?!

Also, who in these days has a nanny?
Original post by clarkey500
“As an employer we’re not, let’s face it, most of us don’t employ men as nannies, most of us don’t,”

So she wouldn't trust a man to look after her children;

However, bizarrely in view of these comments, she did. Apparently Leadsom employed a male nanny for five years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending