The Student Room Group

Why is it that people in my class had guts to fight back with my teacher but I don't?

For example, I know one teacher who said something and one student said chillax and another time my teacher asked why did someone come late and she said I still came and the teacher said you can leave if you want, another time the teacher said something and the girl said something back and the teacher said something and the girl next to her said to stop and the girl arguing said "what, he's p****ng me off" the teacher said "you're p****ng me off" and he went red and opened his glasses, another time that same girl came half an hour late because she has to come with 3 trains and shes 20 years old and the teacher said I sympathise with you but if you came come on time at your age I wouldn't be doing A Level she then said "you're lucky I came" he said "don't patronise me" but for me I can't say anything but to my friends and female teachers/tutors I can shout back

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why are you shouting back at teachers? The examples you've given aren't guts, they are rudeness.
Those students are being rude and disrespectful. From what you said it's not the teacher's fault but the student's. So there's no point shouting to the teacher.
Reply 3
If you are in the wrong (like your friend) take it on the chin and don't 'chelp' back.

You are all there to learn and your teacher doesn't run the class around the selfish attitude of one person who wants to be the 'big I am' regardless of how many miles she went to the moon and back to get to class. Your friend disrupts the whole class. Your friend is completely disrespectful and probably will fail her year (then she will want to blame someone or something why she didn't make the grade - its never her fault is it?)

Tell your friend to shut up. You should not say anything to the teacher. Just get on and learn.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
For example, I know one teacher who said something and one student said chillax and another time my teacher asked why did someone come late and she said I still came and the teacher said you can leave if you want, another time the teacher said something and the girl said something back and the teacher said something and the girl next to her said to stop and the girl arguing said "what, he's p****ng me off" the teacher said "you're p****ng me off" and he went red and opened his glasses, another time that same girl came half an hour late because she has to come with 3 trains and shes 20 years old and the teacher said I sympathise with you but if you came come on time at your age I wouldn't be doing A Level she then said "you're lucky I came" he said "don't patronise me" but for me I can't say anything but to my friends and female teachers/tutors I can shout back

You were raised well
Reply 5
Honestly that girl sounds just plain rude, do not try to be like her. Always be polite to a teacher, unless they're really really wrong, and even then be polite, because it probably won't help. If they're so wrong you should just go to head or something. I agree with Wired_1800 - you were either raised well, your personality is not self-destructive, or both. That girl is 20, take a hint.
They just sound rude
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
Why are you shouting back at teachers? The examples you've given aren't guts, they are rudeness.

I am not shouting at teachers, my fellow classmates are.
Reply 8
I am not shouting at teachers, my fellow classmates are.

The other kids are being plain rude
But ngl i was like that aswell but now that one of my parents has gone into the teaching profession I have completely changed my attitude with teachers. Trust me its not worth the "popularity" because teachers are like your parents and they have feelings too so yh
idk
when i hear that somebody said something rude to my parents i literally feel like beating the **** of of them so just dont
Reply 9
The other kids are being plain rude
But ngl i was like that aswell but now that one of my parents has gone into the teaching profession I have completely changed my attitude with teachers. Trust me its not worth the "popularity" because teachers are like your parents and they have feelings too so yh
idk
when i hear that somebody said something rude to my parents i literally feel like beating the **** of of them so just dont

But shouting back at teachers is better than taking things personally is it not?
But shouting back at teachers is better than taking things personally is it not?

sorry i dont understand
do you mean taking what the teacher says personally - if yh then fck yes take what the teacher says seriously idgas abt what a teacher says to me they just want to bring the best out of you !
" same girl came half an hour late because she has to come with 3 trains and shes 20 years old and the teacher said I sympathise with you but if you came come on time at your age I wouldn't be doing A Level she then said "you're lucky I came" he said "don't patronise me""
Do you think in this scenario that the teacher said something to deserve that response???

Reply 12
" same girl came half an hour late because she has to come with 3 trains and shes 20 years old and the teacher said I sympathise with you but if you came come on time at your age I wouldn't be doing A Level she then said "you're lucky I came" he said "don't patronise me""
Do you think in this scenario that the teacher said something to deserve that response???

No but I am talking about me, like I take what teachers say personally whereas other people just fight back and argue with the teacher.
No but I am talking about me, like I take what teachers say personally whereas other people just fight back and argue with the teacher.

Take it personally! thats better than taking it out on somebody else in my opinion
Teachers only say mean / horrible stuff because they CARE
Do you take what your parents / carers say to you personally ? - If yh do you answer them back ?

If yh then trust me in school / college or whatever teachers are like your parents and are only there because they care
Reply 14
Take it personally! thats better than taking it out on somebody else in my opinion
Do you take what your parents / carers say to you personally ? - If yh do you answer them back ?

If yh then trust me in school / college or whatever teachers are like your parents and are only there because they care

Normally you wouldn't care what a teacher or anyone says to you, if they are mean or wheoever is mean don't give a s about what people say about you, you do your own thing.

I take everything personally and I am highly sensitive. That's not good either.
Reply 15

I don't have guts to answer anyone back. Only with female teachers and friends that's it.
Normally you wouldn't care what a teacher or anyone says to you, if they are mean or wheoever is mean don't give a s about what people say about you, you do your own thing.

I take everything personally and I am highly sensitive. That's not good either.

That second last sentence tells me you have a soft heart - Its calm bro. but why do you only have guts to answer back female teachers and not male teachers ?
Reply 17
That second last sentence tells me you have a soft heart - Its calm bro. but why do you only have guts to answer back female teachers and not male teachers ?

I am female myself.
Reply 18

I feel like males dominate me
I feel like males dominate me

kinda sus...........
anyways we move on.....
you really are a p***y then arent you bcus if you have the guts to answer back you should be able to answer back a male teacher aswell clearly not as hard as you think you are when answering back female teachers
anyways i have an exam tomorrow so im not going to waste my time and chat to you know because tbh females are very fking stuck in their ways and this conversation will go on for like a whole couple of hours.
BTW before anyone comes at me im a female too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending