The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Absent Agent
There is this person who has access to the Edexcel materials, and it seems he will upload them on his blog as soon as he gets them (read the comments below this page).

Yeah there're also updates on his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/bilalahmedblog/?fref=ts
'Edexcel Past Papers-Mark Schemes-Examiner Reports':smile:
There is this person who has access to the Edexcel materials, and it seems he will upload them on his blog as soon as he gets them (read the comments below this page).

Original post by MoonVirgo
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=A-Level
Here. Click into your subject then pick the June 2016 series but access is limited to teachers.

Thanks for the help. Someone else has access to them and will upload them on google drive as soon as they are released on the emporium so it's all good.
Original post by Bubbles26
Are there mark schemes for the other subjects? Where are they online?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check this: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html
Yes, I might be able to but I forgot to mention that of the EMPA materials, only their mark schemes will be available that day. Their papers will be available a few days later if I'm not wrong.

Ok right that's fine too. Thank you again!!!
Original post by target21859
Thanks for the help. Someone else has access to them and will upload them on google drive as soon as they are released on the emporium so it's all good.

What's the emporium? also any estimate as to when? thank you!
Original post by coolguy123456
What's the emporium? also any estimate as to when? thank you!

He said most likely by the end of the day. It will be posted on the fp3 thread. The emporium is part of Edexcel but it is specifically for maths.
Thanks! But i cant access them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only teachers have access to it or students with a teacher login.
Original post by target21859
He said most likely by the end of the day. It will be posted on the fp3 thread. The emporium is part of Edexcel but it is specifically for maths.

Oh that's awesome, thank you, highly appreciated!
So nervous for the results and I have nothing to distract myself with...I've managed to get ill and can't sleep as a result so that isn't helping!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Original post by smegsxo
Has anyone taken a GCSE resit in year 13? My boyfriend needed to re-take English to get a B for his preferred uni but the sixth form stuffed it up and didn't enter him, so can he do it next year? Is it too tough?

It's possible to do but it means he wouldn't have his place confirmed at uni until a week after A level results (and if he gets a C and not a B could end up in Clearing a week after everyone else.

If he can find an alternative that can be done privately or in the winter for an earlier result (speak to the preferred uni to find out if they'd take any other level 2 qualifications) that would be better. If not then it's just a good idea to have an amazing back up plan (or arrange a gap year) in case things go wrong.
Original post by emiloujess
On the plus side Bournemouth has a great Advertising course! She's taking me to see the city the day before Results. At least I'll have a distraction! 😂

Bournemouth in August....could be worse :wink:
I've only taken one A'-level(I'm just about to start Year 11), and I'm still pretty scared. Problem is, I won't be around on results day. How do I get my results?
You know results day is low-key coming up when you start having dreams on how you ****ed up:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
Original post by Leechayy
You know results day is low-key coming up when you start having dreams on how you ****ed up:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:

yh like i dreamt I got an E cause apparently the examiners had found out that I had used loopa for psychology like oh god
Reply 874
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
I've only taken one A'-level(I'm just about to start Year 11), and I'm still pretty scared. Problem is, I won't be around on results day. How do I get my results?

You need to talk to your school.
would it come up on UCAS if i was eligible?

Everyone who has their Firm place confirmed gets a big red* button to apply through adjustment (even if they were accepted by their firm after missing their offer grades by tonnes). As soon as you hit the button your firm is notified and your application is visible to any university.

The universities you talk to in adjustment are responsible for checking that you actually met and exceeded your firm offer conditions (if you haven't and they fish you out of adjustment then your firm uni is likely to kick up a stink).
Original post by Sacred Ground
Hi - are the same courses that are in clearing in adjustment? Cheers

There is no vacancy list for Adjustment IIRC. :nah: You've applied for Medicine though, right? If so, it doesn't matter where you end up - all med schools are great. :smile:
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow

If you give your school an email address or phone number, they can give you them via that :smile: some schools also allow someone else to pick them up for you, if you give them a signed letter saying who will be picking them up beforehand :smile:
Original post by usycool1
There is no vacancy list for Adjustment IIRC. :nah: You've applied for Medicine though, right? If so, it doesn't matter where you end up - all med schools are great. :smile:

Yessir thanks! I honestly think I might have A*AB (geog,Chem,bio) so might not get accepted to Newcastle for medicine and I don't fancy doing human biology at Loughborough (my insurance.) if that's the case I'll do biomed through adjustment. Appreciate the help mate
Argh I just found out my college opens at 9:00am for results. Why doesn't it open at 8:00am? It's stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest