Captain Jack's Summer Bucket List

1) Launch new TSR app with notifications :bunny2:
2) Launch new look mobile Thread and Forum pages :bunny2:
3) Learn how to use garden design software :bunny2:
4) Design someone's garden for them (with their approval!) :bunny2:
5) Book a holiday abroad for September :bunny2:
6) Learn how to make a new cocktail :bunny2:
7) Learn how to cook a new meal from scratch :bunny2:

As my list progresses, the Bunnies will evolve like Pokemon. I wonder what they will evolve into?!

I think that's enough!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Captain Jack
1) Launch new TSR app with notifications
2) Launch new look mobile Thread and Forum pages
3) Learn how to use garden design software
4) Design someone's garden for them (with their approval!)
5) Book a holiday abroad for September
6) Learn how to make a new cocktail
7) Learn how to cook a new meal from scratch

I think that's enough!

What are you using for garden design software? And got anywhere in mind for your holiday yet? I say Mauritius :ninja:
Original post by getfunky!
What are you using for garden design software? And got anywhere in mind for your holiday yet? I say Mauritius :ninja:

I'm not 100% sure on either yet! :biggrin:

Software wise, I think it's going to be Google's sketch up although someone said Vector works was better. I'm not too sure really, they're really expensive :frown:

Mauritius sounds like a good shout. I was thinking of somewhere fairly close, so around Europe would probably be good. We're really guilty of travelling around too much on holidays, so this time we'll probably stay in one place and go out and about from there so it's much more chilled out.
Update on this one:
3) Learn how to use garden design software

I have been trying out Sketchup over the last week. So far, so good, but all very early.

I will be the Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen of the outdoor world soon though!

:leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf:

Will allegedly be launching as a test in the next week or so... watch this space. That bunny might be evolving first.

Will allegedly be launching as a test in the next week or so... watch this space. That bunny might be evolving first.

Has the ST usergroup been given a sneak peek? Everything looks a little bit ~in testing~ right now. :tongue: Might just be my browser though. :lol:

This is the best bunny: :bunny: - look how cute it is!
Original post by iEthan
Has the ST usergroup been given a sneak peek? Everything looks a little bit ~in testing~ right now. :tongue: Might just be my browser though. :lol:

This is the best bunny: :bunny: - look how cute it is!

It will be tested with 50% of the TSR membership, so will include some ST members. We don't want to give too much of a preview of it because it can affect the test though.

Original post by CoolCavy
Google Sketchup is the most horrendous piece of software going lol, try solid works (if it's free? ) if not good luck :redface:

Oh right, do you think Solidworks will be good for gardens?
It will be tested with 50% of the TSR membership, so will include some ST members. We don't want to give too much of a preview of it because it can affect the test though.

Oh right, do you think Solidworks will be good for gardens?

:wink: no problem. Was just wondering is all. :tongue:

Have a good weekend Jack!
Original post by iEthan
:wink: no problem. Was just wondering is all. :tongue:

Have a good weekend Jack!

You too! :biggrin:
Original post by CoolCavy
Not sure about gardens tbh, more for stand alone items. Google sketchup is alright for big building type things (i.e architecture) and as long as you are doing geometric lines it should be ok because it absolutely hates curves sides or dome shapes or anything like that. It is really buggy so make sure you save it a lot. There is another programme which is good for anything called pro desktop but i think you have to pay for that as well so if it is just a one off you may as well stick with sketchup tbh but just know it has a lot of limitations before you try to design anything too fancy :colondollar:

Thanks for the heads up! I don't mind paying for one if it is really good as I will need one. I guess I'll keep going with Sketch up for now and keep an eye out for other things too.

Quick Reply

Latest