The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
How do you know? And why is anything you're saying relevant? If the left started killing kittens, would you do the same? Because that seems to be your argument, "Oh the left does it, why not me.. I wanna be stupid too".
Look, mate, if it was fine to politicise events like this, you know what's not fine? Making daft, stupid conclusions. I am not going to continue this argument, it's like playing chess with a pigeon.

Then answer the question, do you criticise Obama when he uses mass shootings to push a gun control agenda?

It's as simple as yes or no.
Original post by Esoteric-
Doubt she's too concerned tbh. Even if CDU lose support in 2017 election, given them and SPD are 70% of the vote (SPD being even more left leaning), it will just be a hung Parliament and she will likely still be in power.

SPD has been plummeting in the polls for some time now, getting close to 20%. They are becoming so irrelevant even CDU politicians have privately voiced concern to journalists because of the vacuum that is creating.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I don't understand why everyone on twitter says PrayforMunich. Praying isn't going to help for God's sake. Actually defying and fighting back will.

It's the regular protocol

Terrorist attack occurs, Pray for the city, blame either muslims, guns or donald trump, life goes back to normal
On a side note, must be **** to be a brown person in Munich now, imagine the looks people are giving.
Original post by oShahpo
No, they assume, quite rightly, that in most Muslims there is a decent person breaking free. Also, next time, before you generalise and make a fool of yourself, post something to support what you're saying.

Being homophobic, anti women's rights and supporting the killing of Kuffars is decent? Ok then.

Just proves our point spectacularly about the left. That's the real problem with you guys, you think you own the minorities.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NotAboutLies
Official death toll is 6, number injured is still unknown

If it stays that way then we've been very lucky. Germany has remained mostly unscathed by terror, also apparently partly because the intelligence and security services have done a very good job (they even warned the French about the Bataclan attacks after stopping a car full of weapons on its way to Paris, but were ignored), and of course because Germany is not as involved in the Middle East and generally has a more positive reputation in that region compared to the US, UK or France.
Original post by Duncaaaaaan
Being homophobic, anti women's rights and supporting the killing of Kuffars is decent? Ok then.

Just proves our point spectacularly about the left.

Christ on a pedalo, what a magnificent strawman you went for there. I applaud you.
Most Englishmen were homophobic and anti-women's rights about a 100 years ago, things changed quite quickly. The left recognises that it could change too in the Muslim world. As for killing of Kuffars, you're an idiot. Only a tiny minority (less than 10%) support the killing of "kuffars", I could provide stats if you wish.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Duncaaaaaan

Just proves our point spectacularly about the left. That's the real problem with you guys, you think you own the minorities.

By the way I am not even a leftist, your idiotic argument, which was "If Obama does it then why not me" is what dragged me to take this position.
Original post by oShahpo

Most Englishmen were homophobic and anti-women's rights about a 100 years ago, things changed quite quickly.

So what's your point?
Original post by oShahpo
Christ on a pedalo, what a magnificent strawman you went for there. I applaud you.
Most Englishmen were homophobic and anti-women's rights about a 100 years ago, things changed quite quickly. The left recognises that it could change too in the Muslim world. As for killing of Kuffars, you're an idiot. Only a tiny minority (less than 10%) support the killing of "kuffars", I could provide stats if you wish.

But over a Billion muslims support the Shari'a which implemented recognises Non-muslims as second class citizens.

Not even gonna go into the Jizya thing because all this sounds so repetitive
Is it just me or does one of the shooters look like a 15 year old?
Original post by oShahpo

If most Englishmen were homophobic and opposed to the rights of women, why is it society has since come to accept both homosexuals and women's rights? Personally I would say that Britain has been one of the most progressive and forward thinking nations, I mean we're the first country to ban slavery for example, if as those on the left are so quick to claim, our history is full of bigots, idiots and racists, then how we got to where we are today is just beyond me.
Today is the 5th anniversary of Anders Breivik shooting which happened on 22nd of July 2011. I wonder if there could be a correlation?
But over a Billion muslims support the Shari'a which implemented recognises Non-muslims as second class citizens.

Sharia Law says nothing lol, it literally means 'Islamic law' which is expressed differently across the globe

How is this relevant to what I said? I said Muslims are not for killing "Kuffars", what you said is true but irrelevant to what I said.
Original post by oShahpo
As for killing of Kuffars, you're an idiot. Only a tiny minority (less than 10%) support the killing of "kuffars", .

Not gonna lie it's got exactly comforting to think say 1 in a dozen thinks killing unbelievers is somehow justifiable, that makes for a very large number of people, I wouldn't call it tiny. Even 1/20 makes for some serious potential issues.
Original post by Atlas Thugged
If most Englishmen were homophobic and opposed to the rights of women, why is it society has since come to accept both homosexuals and women's rights? Personally I would say that Britain has been one of the most progressive and forward thinking nations, I mean we're the first country to ban slavery for example, if as those on the left are so quick to claim, our history is full of bigots, idiots and racists, then how we got to where we are today is just beyond me.

My point is that the Left sees this transition possible in the Middle East. To be honest if such transition does not happen in the rich parts of the Middle East, it will never happen. Anyway, all of this is digression. Using this incident to suggest that it's okay not to ban guns since banning gun does not do anything is stupid, because no one suggested that by banning guns ALL gun crimes would disappear.
It's true that Most muslims don't support the murdering of other non-believers. The reason for that can range from muslims not knowing what the qu'ran teaches or muslims not fully believing. But like killing people isn't the only way to spread hate, recognising non-muslims as lower than you is just another way.

Yea but again, that's irrelevant. The argument was that Muslims supported death of "Kuffars" which made them indecent, this isn't true. As for the jizya thing, it's true that Islam dictates it, but it doesn't happen in Muslim countries where there are lots of Christians for example. See Egypt or Lebanon.
Original post by oShahpo
My point is that the Left sees this transition possible in the Middle East. To be honest if such transition does not happen in the rich parts of the Middle East, it will never happen. Anyway, all of this is digression. Using this incident to suggest that it's okay not to ban guns since banning gun does not do anything is stupid, because no one suggested that by banning guns ALL gun crimes would disappear.

There are people right across the middle east, who will happily tell you they have no interest or desire for such a transition. The only Muslim country I can see becoming progressive is Shia Iran, everywhere else is moving towards something a European with his eyes open would regard as far-right.

The government monopoly on use of force is only justifiable if the government is capable of defending law abiding citizens to an acceptable level. This is looking increasingly dubious right across Europe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending