The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dez
Did the article ever say that they hate it here? No, it did not.

Well they don't sound all that happy...

"Abd, a 42-year-old father of four, said: “I feel like I have one option now, to die here. Only die here, nothing else.”

I agree with you, though, that we want to minimise "strife." After all we wouldn't want the local priest beheaded as he celebrated Mass, would we?
If they don't like it there why not go back to their own Islamic hellhole countries?
I think they seem ungrateful, personally.
Reply 23
Those who made the comments are ungrateful, completely, but not all refugees have the same mind-set. We cant generalise all of them this way.
Reply 24
Original post by generallee
Well they don't sound all that happy...

"Abd, a 42-year-old father of four, said: “I feel like I have one option now, to die here. Only die here, nothing else.”

I agree with you, though, that we want to minimise "strife." After all we wouldn't want the local priest beheaded as he celebrated Mass, would we?

There's a difference between hating the very ground you walk upon and just being a bit miffed about job opportunities though. Context is always important.

And of course, they're going to milk it a bit for the sake of being on the news, that's pretty normal. In fact I'm pretty sure grumbling about the state of affairs in a newspaper article is part of the UK citizenship test.
Its not fair. I would actually die to be in scotland. The scenarary is so much pleasant. :frown: I envy you @hamza772000 :unimpressed:

Reply 26
They are not obligated to feel happy. They are being honest about how they feel about their situation. It does seem they are taking some things for granted, but so do plenty of people. By all means get angry about the refugee rapes and the terrorist attacks, but this is really nothing to be so vitriolic about.
If these people had ever been truly desperate they would not be so ungrateful. They're hardly real refugees and do not deserve the time and money invested in them.
A friend volunteers and has the impression that many refugees she works with have unrealistic expectations in terms of housing, benefits, standard of living, food and various allowances. They moan and complain a lot and feel entitled to freebies without contributing to local communities.

They are free to return to their home countries.
Original post by Tcannon
A friend volunteers and has the impression that many refugees she works with have unrealistic expectations in terms of housing, benefits, standard of living, food and various allowances. They moan and complain a lot and feel entitled to freebies without contributing to local communities.

They are free to return to their home countries.

For an example of this in real life, just visit the reduced to clear section of your local Tescos just as they are bringing out all the reduced price stock in the evening and try to remain politically correct...

Looks depressing. I'd take Lebanon over that, not Syria, I kinda like my head.
Reply 31
Original post by AlexanderHam
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/25/syrian-refugees-resettled-on-remote-scottish-island-of-bute-comp/

The Bute local authority volunteered to house these people, and they are also permitted to work so nothing is stopping them going to Manchester or Glasgow. Of course that would mean actually getting a job rather than expecting everything to be handed to them.

I'm so ****ing sick of these people. Two of the three violent/terrorist incidents in Germany this month were carried out by refugees. It was a mistake to let them in, they clearly despise us and our culture anyway.

How many Syrian refugees has Britain accepted by now?
Original post by Dez
Did the article ever say that they hate it here? No, it did not.

of Bute complain their new home is 'full of old people waiting to die'
Original post by The Roast
of Bute complain their new home is 'full of old people waiting to die'

Checks out
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Its not fair. I would actually die to be in scotland. The scenarary is so much pleasant. :frown: I envy you @hamza772000 :unimpressed:

I don't live in Scotland :colonhash: I live in West Yorkshire......:biggrin:
Original post by hamza772000
I don't live in Scotland :colonhash: I live in West Yorkshire......:biggrin:

I take geography! too ! :shock:
Original post by PrincessBO$$

I take geography! too ! :shock:
Lol, What?!
Reply 37
Perhaps they'd prefer to be in a war zone, should think that'd be more exciting for them. What the **** are we putting up with.. :rolleyes:
Y'know for people that normally advocate for freedom of expression, you right-wingers are really hypocritical sometimes.

We want freedom of expression!*

*For white non-immigrants only, how dare anyone else ever express an opinion... inferior scum!!! -roll eyes-
I hear Aleppo has the kind of excitement they want.

Latest

Trending

Trending