The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Anyone get a response to their Brighton halls application yet?

So there have been a rash of people posting on the Brighton house-hunting facebook page, saying they've been turned down from halls for this year.

It's starting to worry me, I have an unconditional offer which I have accepted. and applied a couple days before the deadline (14/07/16 I think) for halls. and still nothing!! Anyone else in a similar boat?
Hey there, I didn't get into halls either, I'm doing reserved rooms instead like a shared house basically, you should consider it, you don't have to house hunt, it's all done for you.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by Graham 14
Hey there, I didn't get into halls either, I'm doing reserved rooms instead like a shared house basically, you should consider it, you don't have to house hunt, it's all done for you.

Sounds interesting, is it kind of like unihomes?

And if I may ask, if you applied to brighton halls or a different uni? and if so, when did you finish your application?
Original post by SirKyrgystan
Sounds interesting, is it kind of like unihomes?

And if I may ask, if you applied to brighton halls or a different uni? and if so, when did you finish your application?

I applied to Brighton halls, I applied for halls a while ago like 2 months ago, because I had an unconditional offer for my course *
I thought about house hunting, but reserved rooms is lot easier and less hassle, I'd rather not being worrying about not having somewhere to live while studying.*
I applied to Brighton halls, I applied for halls a while ago like 2 months ago, because I had an unconditional offer for my course *

Ah thanks for the info :smile:

Starting to get the impression that although halls aren't first-come-first-serve, the responses to those with unconditional offers might be
I thought about house hunting, but reserved rooms is lot easier and less hassle, I'd rather not being worrying about not having somewhere to live while studying.*

Yeah I'm quite anxious about the same. A commute in from london wouldn't be too difficult, but I'd definitely be missing out on alot of freshers week, which would suck :frown:

Hey btw, hi-5 fellow soon-to-be-brightonian :five:
Original post by SirKyrgystan
Yeah I'm quite anxious about the same. A commute in from london wouldn't be too difficult, but I'd definitely be missing out on alot of freshers week, which would suck :frown:

Hey btw, hi-5 fellow soon-to-be-brightonian :five:

I'm from London too, but it'll be easier to live there for like social events/freshens, meeting people etc. Hey fellow brightonian!

*I'm Kadeem, I'll be studying 3D design and craft there, hbu?
I'm from London too, but it'll be easier to live there for like social events/freshens, meeting people etc. Hey fellow brightonian!

*I'm Kadeem, I'll be studying 3D design and craft there, hbu?

Yeah totally. And hey nice to meet you! My name's Kyran. That sounds awesome, I love making things, but I'm terrible with my hands. Hence as a happy middle ground I'll be doing computer science this year :biggrin:
Will you be house hunting then? It's a shame Brighton doesn't have a lot of space for halls
Will you be house hunting then? It's a shame Brighton doesn't have a lot of space for halls

Ideally I'd like to be in halls, like you said house-hunting can be a bit arduous. But if it doesn't work out I guess I will try and find my own place, there still seems to be daily posts to the official brighton house-hunting page, and quite a few nice places there for not-too-much, so here's to hoping :colondollar:
Is there more spaces in halls?
Is there more spaces in halls?

To my understanding there is. Most of the places are only announced in august after everyone has gotten results. The exception being us lucky people with unconditional offers :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending