The Student Room Group

Glasgow school of art

Does anyone have any advice for Glasgow school of art interviews? I’ve applied to do sculpture and environmental art and want to be prepared for any questions they might ask.

Scroll to see replies

I don't but I'm slightly worried because I haven't heard back from them about an interview yet, I sent my portfolio on the last day of submission and definitely sent it in time but no correspondence so far ☹️ I've applied for BA Interaction Design
Reply 2
Original post by pinkapoppy
I don't but I'm slightly worried because I haven't heard back from them about an interview yet, I sent my portfolio on the last day of submission and definitely sent it in time but no correspondence so far ☹️ I've applied for BA Interaction Design

I wouldn’t worry, I’ve applied to Edinburgh as well and still haven’t gotten anything back.
Original post by MoRD28
I wouldn’t worry, I’ve applied to Edinburgh as well and still haven’t gotten anything back.

Omg that’s such a relief to see not the only one who’s hasn’t heard back from Edinburgh yet. Hopefully we get offers through soon though :smile:
Reply 4

Me too I sent my portfolio literally 2 hours before deadline and haven't heard back, I'm applying for comdes and starting to get worried!!

i've applied for ba painting and printmaking and haven't heard back yet either !
Original post by ari4r1
Me too I sent my portfolio literally 2 hours before deadline and haven't heard back, I'm applying for comdes and starting to get worried!!

Same! I’m guessing because our applications were sent closer to the end of those sent in they’ll look through them last? But I’m surprised it takes so long for them to go through them all, fingers crossed! Comdes is a really cool course too, where else have you applied?
Original post by EdgarEmily
Hii I’m currently a comdes student lol. The places aren’t on a first come first serve basis so it doesn’t matter when you have fed it in. For mine I think my offer came in March/ April so don’t be too stressed that it takes a while . If you have any com des questions I am happy to answer!

That’s really good to know thank you! When was your interview?
Reply 8
I applied the MDes Innovation and citizenship and I have got offer, but the odd thing is I never received any asking of interview, they just setted the offer to me straitway !
Reply 9
Same! I’m guessing because our applications were sent closer to the end of those sent in they’ll look through them last? But I’m surprised it takes so long for them to go through them all, fingers crossed! Comdes is a really cool course too, where else have you applied?

https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance/applicants/submitting-portfolio/portfolio-preparation-and-requirements-user-guide/notification-of-outcome-and-next-steps

Assessors will review your portfolio and then Admissions will begin making their decisions once all qualified portfolios have been reviewed. We aim to make all decisions by the end of April. Please note the UCAS deadline for Universities responding to applicants is the 16th May 2024 (TBC) and a small number of applicants may need to wait until close to the deadline to receive a response.
Reply 10
Original post by ari4r1

I'm also worried as i sent my portfolio to comdes on the 19th of january and no reply yet
Original post by abonny
I'm also worried as i sent my portfolio to comdes on the 19th of january and no reply yet

Oh I see that’s relatively early - I know Glasgow considers all applications equally so it might just be that it’s taking them a while to look through them all. Definitely update us if you hear back from them!
Reply 12
That would make sense but its so awful waiting 😭😭,, my applications are pretty odd i moved away from Scotland 2022 and am in the Channel Islands now so I've got Brighton, Bristol, London, Glasgow and Aberdeen. What about you??
Original post by MoRD28
Does anyone have any advice for Glasgow school of art interviews? I’ve applied to do sculpture and environmental art and want to be prepared for any questions they might ask.
Hi! I’ve got my Sculpture and Environmental Art interview in a few days! Have you had your interview yet? If so, what questions did you get asked? 😊
Original post by ari4r1
That would make sense but its so awful waiting 😭😭,, my applications are pretty odd i moved away from Scotland 2022 and am in the Channel Islands now so I've got Brighton, Bristol, London, Glasgow and Aberdeen. What about you??

Oh wow I see! I’ve got offers from all my other unis so UAL, Goldsmiths and Arts Uni Bournemouth, but Glasgow’s my number 1 so I’m desperate to hear back even though I know it’ll be a while - I emailed them and they said that for my course (BA Interaction Design) the interviews will continue until April, so if anyone is worried about not receiving one yet there’s no harm in contacting the admissions team :smile:
Original post by fin_1509
Hi! I’ve got my Sculpture and Environmental Art interview in a few days! Have you had your interview yet? If so, what questions did you get asked? 😊

If it helps I remember reading another thread which talked about their experience in their GSA interview, as far as I can remember the questions were relatively simple: Why do you want to do this course/why GSA, what inspires you, and to talk about one of your pieces of work. They also tend to ask you if you have any questions so definitely look into your course’s specification and try and think of something to show that you’ve done your research and you’re interested!

Good luck 🤞

Update - I emailed admissions and they said that interviews for my course will continue until April, and GSA said on the open day that interviews are generally late Feb-March anyways so I think we all just need to try and take our minds off of it 😅
wait i already said that OOPS sorry! I’m lowkey panicking and reading through all the GSA threads I can, didn’t realise I had already talked about the interview duration
Original post by ari4r1
Hi, I just got an invite to interview today! I hope you hear back soon, fingers crossed 🤞
Ive applied for comdes and sent a portfolio mid-jan but still heard nothing in terms of an interview?? Just wondering if everyone has to do one and ive got off easy or is this a bad sign?

Quick Reply

Latest