The Student Room Group

Chemistry Equations

Hi, I was wondering if someone would quickly be able to tell me if I am balancing the equations correctly!!

- I am unsure on no. 3 where I have crossed it out!
Original post by chloecrazy
Hi, I was wondering if someone would quickly be able to tell me if I am balancing the equations correctly!!

- I am unsure on no. 3 where I have crossed it out!

You clearly understand what you need to do, work on number 3 and come back with an answer. If you don't get it, I can tell you. You are balancing correctly though. Check Number 10 too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
You clearly understand what you need to do, work on number 3 and come back with an answer. If you don't get it, I can tell you. You are balancing correctly though. Check Number 10 too.

Hi, thank you :smile: I have changed no. 10 to 2Pb(NO3)2 --> 2PbO + 4NO2 + O2

And The reason I was confused with no.3 is because there is a line before the K2SO4, indicating that something has to go there, but I thought that a 2 went before the H2O instead? -- H2SO4 + 2KOH --> K2SO4 +2H2O
Original post by chloecrazy
Hi, thank you :smile: I have changed no. 10 to 2Pb(NO3)2 --> 2PbO + 4NO2 + O2

And The reason I was confused with no.3 is because there is a line before the K2SO4, indicating that something has to go there, but I thought that a 2 went before the H2O instead? -- H2SO4 + 2KOH --> K2SO4 +2H2O

10 is now correct. Whoever made the sheet must've made an error, H2SO4 + 2KOH --> K2SO4 +2H2O is the correct balanced equation.

Quick Reply

Latest