The Student Room Group

GCSE

Hi guys, for the 2024 GCSE, which subjects' exams are we getting formula sheets for? Only Physics and Maths? Will the Physics and Maths formula sheets have ALL the formulas we need for the exam? Will the sheet help us answer all the questions asked?
Are we gonna get a sheet for Chemistry?
Reply 1
physics has all but P1V1=P2V2 but that’s basically PV=constant

and we get all for maths apart from trig identities i think

we don’t get any for chem or bio, so remember mole equations and microscopic equations. also orders of magnitude and unit conversions
Reply 2
also yk how with physics papers there’s usually a question that would give you three parts of an equation and tell you to correctly write the equation, i doubt we would get any like that cos they give us the equations

e.g.
form an equation using time, current and time

charge = current x time
Q = It

yeah we probably wouldn’t get any questions like that but it’s fine cos they’re only one markers, we also won’t get questions when they give us the equation as part of the question and tell us to use it. but they’re usually only like 2 marks
Reply 3
Original post by httpluuv
also yk how with physics papers there’s usually a question that would give you three parts of an equation and tell you to correctly write the equation, i doubt we would get any like that cos they give us the equations

e.g.
form an equation using time, current and time

charge = current x time
Q = It

yeah we probably wouldn’t get any questions like that but it’s fine cos they’re only one markers, we also won’t get questions when they give us the equation as part of the question and tell us to use it. but they’re usually only like 2 marks

i meant time, current and charge*^
Reply 4
Original post by enthjmk5e664
Hi guys, for the 2024 GCSE, which subjects' exams are we getting formula sheets for? Only Physics and Maths? Will the Physics and Maths formula sheets have ALL the formulas we need for the exam? Will the sheet help us answer all the questions asked?
Are we gonna get a sheet for Chemistry?

I did my GCSEs last year and we got a sheet for maths and physics, don’t think we did for chemistry, I think the sheets may be different from my year but normally they have way more equations than you actually need/use (changes for which type you’re doing, foundation, combined higher, higher)

Quick Reply

Latest