The Student Room Group

Wedding attire

I got a wedding invitation last week from a top lad who's getting married next month. I've only been to like 2 weddings in my lifetime. The last wedding I went to - I felt like I could've done a bit better. My outfit wasn't bad, but it was meh.

This time I'm thinking about renting a suit. Since I feel like the formal clothes I have are torn and frayed in my eyes, even though they may not look that way to some people. I was thinking about going with a simple black and white with a bow tie.

But I'm curious on what you guys would wear to a wedding or can suggest something for me.
Original post by ColossalAtom
I got a wedding invitation last week from a top lad who's getting married next month. I've only been to like 2 weddings in my lifetime. The last wedding I went to - I felt like I could've done a bit better. My outfit wasn't bad, but it was meh.

This time I'm thinking about renting a suit. Since I feel like the formal clothes I have are torn and frayed in my eyes, even though they may not look that way to some people. I was thinking about going with a simple black and white with a bow tie.

But I'm curious on what you guys would wear to a wedding or can suggest something for me.

Simple black suit sounds like a good shout :smile:
(Just a suggestion)

Navy suit with a light blue shirt and a dark Navy tie (long and thin so you don't look like an old man...).

I really like that combination on guys! :tongue:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
(Just a suggestion)

Navy suit with a light blue shirt and a dark Navy tie (long and thin so you don't look like an old man...).

I really like that combination on guys! :tongue:

Let me guess...with brown brogues for shoes as well?

No, black ones silly! :colonhash:

I could totally work in a mens suit shop! :colondollar:

Oh, and I think you could add a waistcoat if you're feeling it... :K:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
No, black ones silly! :colonhash:

I could totally work in a mens suit shop! :colondollar:

I usually see guys in brown colour ones, when wearing navy/light blue. Hearing black is a first. I wish I knew what the weather will be like on the wedding day. Perhaps I should have a pocket watch with its chain lingering across the waistcoat too? For showmanship?

What do you think of guys with bow ties?
I usually see guys in brown colour ones, when wearing navy/light blue. Hearing black is a first. I wish I knew what the weather will be like on the wedding day. Perhaps I should have a pocket watch with its chain lingering across the waistcoat too? For showmanship?

What do you think of guys with bow ties?

I prefere black. It looks very clean, but brown is okay too. Bow ties are okay, I've never been a fan, I think longer skinny ties look nicer.

Add in a fedora, along with a long trench coat, a brolly type umbrella should set you up just fine!

Spoiler

Reply 8
If you're just a guest a normal suit and tie are fine. not sure about a bow tie though?

Quick Reply

Latest