The Student Room Group

What is falling in love like?

I don't know what falling in love is like. Yes, I have had a few crushes but it was never deep. It wasn't anything like how people illustrate the feeling of falling in love. So, I'm just wondering. Have you ever fallen in love? What does it feel like? It's not like I'm an unaffectionate people. I can understand generally loving everyone in a compassionate way, but I can't imagine myself falling in love with one person romantically and feeling like I'll "lose everything" if I lose that person.
Like I even had one boyfriend. I liked him but it was nowhere near love. I felt bad because I thought he doesn't deserve to be unloved in a relationship so I broke up with him. Had a hard time doing it but I just saw him as a person that I don't want to hurt, like everyone else. . Not anything more.

Scroll to see replies

idk its hard to explain - i fell in love once and it came from nowhere really. i met someone in a weird situation as a friend and then after spending so much time with her i became bonded and then i realised i loved her - i stopped seeing other girls as potential ... m9s.... and i just wanted to be with her all the time and was just happy whenever i was with her and didnt need anything other than her. idk if all love is the same but thats what it was like with me and id guess its not entirely dissimiar for others. there ya go
Original post by k_popper
I don't know what falling in love is like. Yes, I have had a few crushes but it was never deep. It wasn't anything like how people illustrate the feeling of falling in love. So, I'm just wondering. Have you ever fallen in love? What does it feel like? It's not like I'm an unaffectionate people. I can understand generally loving everyone in a compassionate way, but I can't imagine myself falling in love with one person romantically and feeling like I'll "lose everything" if I lose that person.
Like I even had one boyfriend. I liked him but it was nowhere near love. I felt bad because I thought he doesn't deserve to be unloved in a relationship so I broke up with him. Had a hard time doing it but I just saw him as a person that I don't want to hurt, like everyone else. . Not anything more.

It just.. comes, not all positive though, your attracted to them (slowly to personality than looks) but also not wanting to at the start, when you start to see the person flaws oh boy thats when things really kick in. They can be a pain when you know flaws, but you'll never be annoyed; improve and grow that it'll make it stronger.

My experience so far for 5 months.
You're on TSR... how do you honestly expect us to know?
Original post by JNDSAN
idk its hard to explain - i fell in love once and it came from nowhere really. i met someone in a weird situation as a friend and then after spending so much time with her i became bonded and then i realised i loved her - i stopped seeing other girls as potential ... m9s.... and i just wanted to be with her all the time and was just happy whenever i was with her and didnt need anything other than her. idk if all love is the same but thats what it was like with me and id guess its not entirely dissimiar for others. there ya go

This is pretty much it, it's just annoying when the love is unrequited :/ lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my personal opinion it starts off as a form of obsession that eventually turns into something that can be described as an unconscious variant of obsession.

It's great when everything is all well and good, but generally speaking it's a horrific horrible feeling, I generally hate falling in love, causes too much pain and suffering for everyone involved.
like rainbows, sunshine and lollipops

Spoiler

For me it was really simple. Contentment.

No butterflies, no need to impress, no thinking behind what was going on and what to do and what to say. Just, living and being together. Just knowing you could wake up in the morning and that person would be there to talk to, knowing that person would be there through the good times and the bad. Best friends.

I miss it. I really do.
it's scary. the heart beats very very fast every time you see the person you're in love with. when you try to speak the words are all in the wrong order and you struggle to speak. you can't stop thinking about them. and you sweat.
Original post by Marshall Taylor

:giggle:

Sounds lovely :daydreaming:
Original post by Marshall Taylor

Speak for yourself:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like a baby polar bear sliding down a rainbow into a pot of gold.
Original post by smoothiechode
Like a baby polar bear sliding down a rainbow into a pot of gold.

Or having your heart pulled out of your chest and sliced in front of your very eyes
Original post by Serine Soul
Or having your heart pulled out of your chest and sliced in front of your very eyes

Yeh that bit comes later.
Original post by smoothiechode
Yeh that bit comes later.

:frown:

I want to feel every part of falling in love
Reply 15
Original post by Serine Soul

When people talk about how love isn't all it's cracked up to be, they only seem to be talking about it ending or being lost... and I don't understand how that's a bad side of love- quite the opposite infact. It just shows how it is all the more valuable and great that love's loss is such pain.
(edited 7 years ago)
I can't in good conscience recommend the experience.
When you fall in love, you just wanted to be with that person all the time. You were so happy when he is with you and caring you.You didn't need anything other than his love and care
Reply 18
It feels like your wallet just got a lot lighter
you will just fall apart when you see them
think of it like being on some hallucinogenic drug where you do stuff out of the ordinary and you don't think of much you make plans with that person so you might plan on what you call your kids and that sort of thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending