The Student Room Group

How often do you buy clothes & shoes etc?

I usually buy clothes & shoes etc once a month, I don't spend crazy amounts though probably around £30-40. Although, it's not customary to buy something I like once a month.. If I don't like something then I just don't buy anything for that month. For example, New Look have a 60% sale yesterday and I may have placed a order 👀

Last month, I managed to find some cheap coats in the ASOS sale which I'm quite proud of, one coat it was £85 and I brought it for £28.50 :wink:

I usually buy clothes online and look for sale items also, best part is when you get free delivery and 30 day free returns.

Scroll to see replies

A lot. Probably spend about £50 a week on clothes. My parents call me woman because I'm so fussy with clothes and they think that I'm obsessed with buying them. I just think that if you believe you look good then you feel good. I should probably cut down on how much I spend though. In all fairness, most of what I buy is in the sale anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
I can go weeks without spending a dime. But then i end up splurging money.. like 400 in one go lmao
But i do it monthly..
Depends if there's a sale on. I can spend up to £100 on some months. I buy mostly online these days because the high street where I am has gotten really boring.

I buy most of my basics (basic jeans, plain tees, etc from GAP)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol I'm poor af and I still don't have a job so not that often. My dad puts some money in my bank account every month (£40?) so I usually try and save for clothes but always end up wasting on food or crap. Bec I have no money I try to buy clothes for cheap. Asos is good be there's always sales. I also have a flea market near my house that's on every weekend. I can buy 1 item of clothing for like 1 pound (second hand). I have a Ralph Lauren shirt that cost me 3 pounds and a mulberry jumper that cost me 2!!! Most of the time they're in amazing condition and the sellers don't even know the worth of them. Bartering is also acceptable:biggrin:. One of my favourite shops is tk max. I but a lot of clothes from there. Most of the items are around 20 pounds and sometimes you can find designer clothes, the only downside is you have to be willing to search.
I spend loadsssss! The other day I bought a hoodie for £100 and I buy shoes on a regular basis in the range of £50 - £140 🙄 I'm only 18 and a girl btw
It just like when ever I see something or when the shoes come out I will buy them before they get sold out like the puma creepers
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Lol I'm poor af and I still don't have a job so not that often. My dad puts some money in my bank account every month (£40?) so I usually try and save for clothes but always end up wasting on food or crap. Bec I have no money I try to buy clothes for cheap. Asos is good be there's always sales. I also have a flea market near my house that's on every weekend. I can buy 1 item of clothing for like 1 pound (second hand). I have a Ralph Lauren shirt that cost me 3 pounds and a mulberry jumper that cost me 2!!! Most of the time they're in amazing condition and the sellers don't even know the worth of them. Bartering is also acceptable:biggrin:. One of my favourite shops is tk max. I but a lot of clothes from there. Most of the items are around 20 pounds and sometimes you can find designer clothes, the only downside is you have to be willing to search.

Been there before. It sucks but you have to improvise and get creative (easier for women than mens as women have a wider variety of clothes). The little crappy towns nobody goes to always brought up good stuff. Big city centre charity shops were always a rip off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Mattinfenwa
A lot. Probably spend about £50 a week on clothes. My parents call me woman because I'm so fussy with clothes and they think that I'm obsessed with buying them. I just think that if you believe you look good then you feel good. I should probably cut down on how much I spend though. In all fairness, most of what I buy is in the sale anyway.

Same her, I usually buy a lot in sale. I shop around to see what I like, I have all the apps downloaded on my phone. On certain apps for first order you get like, 10-15% off depending on what store it is.
Reply 8
Original post by samina_ay
I can go weeks without spending a dime. But then i end up splurging money.. like 400 in one go lmao
But i do it monthly..

LOL it may help downloading the Bank app on your phone? I have the app, I track my spending to make sure I don't spend "too much".
I spend so much on clothes. :redface: I've got into buying vintage clothes and sewing them up as well, it's a proper little hobby.:colondollar: I have sooooo many clothes now, I'm addicted to buying them. I think part of the reason is that I grew up in a house with no taste in clothes at all and I hardly had any clothes even.:frown: I always longed to wear pretty things but no one in my house had a CLUE so I just wore baggy t shirts and boys clothes:cry2:

Now I know what clothes I like and I take enormous fun in buying them. :smile:
Original post by jblackmoustache
Depends if there's a sale on. I can spend up to £100 on some months. I buy mostly online these days because the high street where I am has gotten really boring.

I buy most of my basics (basic jeans, plain tees, etc from GAP)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, I usually buy online however I did go out shopping and I did see a lot of sale items. They weren't my style so no point buying something I won't like to wear just because it's cheap lol.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh

That's good! ASOS is amazing, I find quality coats for cheap price so I'm pretty pleased with myself. I usually buy clothes and shoes in sale anyways, so it doesn't make me feel as bad. I did see a pair of sandals I really liked in river island but for £35 I left it. Not worth it, considering England has **** weather anyways lol.
Honestly, I try to budget around £100 a month max but am a bit of a bargain shopper, so tend to spend less on clothes worth more, though I'm terrible with shoes tend to buy a pair a fortnight and spend up to £140 a pair, but it's my friends fault we tend to share our shoe collection so pay half each
Original post by Anonymous
I spend loadsssss! The other day I bought a hoodie for £100 and I buy shoes on a regular basis in the range of £50 - £140 🙄 I'm only 18 and a girl btw
It just like when ever I see something or when the shoes come out I will buy them before they get sold out like the puma creepers

I'm 21 and a girl.

Okay, you're little crazier than me as there's no way I'd buy a hoodie for £100 and shoes for £140 😳 I'm still a full time student so I do most of my shopping in sales and occasionally without sales lmao
Original post by littlenorthernlass
I spend so much on clothes. :redface: I've got into buying vintage clothes and sewing them up as well, it's a proper little hobby.:colondollar: I have sooooo many clothes now, I'm addicted to buying them. I think part of the reason is that I grew up in a house with no taste in clothes at all and I hardly had any clothes even.:frown: I always longed to wear pretty things but no one in my house had a CLUE so I just wore baggy t shirts and boys clothes:cry2:

Now I know what clothes I like and I take enormous fun in buying them. :smile:

I know what you mean, I need a bigger cupboard! I have so many shoes aswell.. My parents think I'm crazy and my younger sister probably loves it considering we're the same size in everything. Even shoe size lol.

I know what I like to buy and I just usually do a random search to see if there's anything I like.
ASOS is overrated. Never been much of a fan. I'd shop around. I've found some of their stuff to be *****y quality. Be better off saving your money and buying something more expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nimrahk123
Honestly, I try to budget around £100 a month max but am a bit of a bargain shopper, so tend to spend less on clothes worth more, though I'm terrible with shoes tend to buy a pair a fortnight and spend up to £140 a pair, but it's my friends fault we tend to share our shoe collection so pay half each

Oh gosh, I wouldn't pay for £140 for a pair of shoes! Even if I split it with my sister LOL
Tbh a lot idk how much exactly
Original post by jblackmoustache
ASOS is overrated. I'd shop around. I've found some of their stuff to be *****y quality. Be better off saving your money and buying something more expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? The coats I've brought recently have been really nice, granted I haven't had much chance to wear them because it's summer.

What did you buy last so I can perhaps avoid it in future?
Original post by saraxh
Tbh a lot idk how much exactly

Oh okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending