The Student Room Group

Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch? [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

I never really hated any of my GCSE subjects. One of the teachers of a particular language that I did was bad for setting homework / giving detentions for no reason etc so that was a nightmare but apart from that it was all good. I'd love to study the language again though :borat: must get on that.
After taking French in year 9, I was definitely extremely happy to give it up. People still taking languages make this feeling even greater as they are frantically revising controlled assessments at breaks and lunches and I feel free :smile:
This year I am extremely happy to be giving up RS. I hated every minute of it! Religious teaching learning is definitely not for me, particularly when the content about my own religion is wrong but we have to learn that anyway.
Next year I will be very happy to be giving up biology. We had an awful experience with it last year and this year (teachers fired at least once, possibly but not confirmed twice, long term supply teachers giving us a page in the textbook to cover each lesson, teachers who refuse to teach anyone other than one table in a classroom because it suits them etc.). Next year we have the head of science and it's going to be stressful catching up B1, B2, doing controlled assessment then covering B3. I didn't like biology in the first place but this has definitely cemented my views.
PRoduct design omg
Original post by Lemur14
After taking French in year 9, I was definitely extremely happy to give it up. People still taking languages make this feeling even greater as they are frantically revising controlled assessments at breaks and lunches and I feel free :smile:

Are you telling me you didn't do a language for GCSE? We had to continue a language to GCSE (as well as geography/history, RS, and the other obvious ones.)
Reply 24
English language, English literature, RE and Geography
Original post by miless090
Are you telling me you didn't do a language for GCSE? We had to continue a language to GCSE (as well as geography/history, RS, and the other obvious ones.)

We didn't have to, but no, I did GCSE one year course in year 9. Everyone took a one year course as one of their options and mine happened to be French. We also don't have to take history or geography. Strangely we do have to take a technology though (textiles, electronics, engineering, computing, art, imedia, catering, graphics, resistant materials and food tech all offered at my school lol). Other than that it's basically free choice (and there's over 30 different choices so many people don't take traditional choices)
Reply 26
Computing - Complete utter nightmare as it is with OCR. Controlled Assessments are a pain in the neck as people leak answers and the tasks that they set are worded purposely to confused a person like me. Also my teacher is really annoying. @Lemur14 obviously knows my constant problems with this particular subject. :P
Reply 27
R.E. Hearing about Jesus and his crew was boring.
Definitely english language. I hated it in secondary school and unfortunately I failed it so I had to resit it in college. I hope I passed it this time so I won't have to spend any more time on it
i'd say physics but i never really studied it; i just fell asleep in the lessons and didn't revise for the exams. didn't learn **** in those two years
Probably the sciences
I don't think I hated any subjects, but I do dislike English Literature purely based on the fact that it is my weakest subject.

Spoiler

Maths - deffo sure going to retake it anyways
Science- physics and biology
P.e - finally no more sport or running around the field !! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
MATHS oh my god I hate it. Cannot wait for it to be over and done with.
And english, so boring

Posted from TSR Mobile
MEDIA STUDIES. Genuinely the most excruciating, intense subject in the world. You have to pay attention every single second of the lesson, you cannot even look away for one second because, if you do, what your teacher said for 20 seconds might come up on the exam and cost you a GCSE.
Spanish, biology and geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely over the moon to never have to endure another Science lesson ever again - regardless of how hard I tried, I was simply incapable of developing an interest in it, apart from analysing the components of a healthy diet in Biology. :smile:
Reply 39
English literature ****ing no matter how much I write can never get a good grade.Horrible subject don't recommend anyone do it if it's not compulsory at your school.

Quick Reply

Latest