The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings college London entry requirements

I got 998776666 for GCSES. I want to do psychology at kcl and was wondering how much they focus on GCSEs (I got a 6 in chem and am doing it for A level and have been predicted an A*). I'd appreciate if you could let me know if they'll judge me on the 6.
Original post by Hneudkejwuad
I got 998776666 for GCSES. I want to do psychology at kcl and was wondering how much they focus on GCSEs (I got a 6 in chem and am doing it for A level and have been predicted an A*). I'd appreciate if you could let me know if they'll judge me on the 6.

That's a fine set of GCSEs, you won't be judged on them at all.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Scotland Yard

That's a fine set of GCSEs, you won't be judged on them at all.

Thank you for your response! When I spoke to someone, despite me working very hard for my chem grade, they suggested that unis will think my A* predicted grade is unrealistic as my gcse grade isn’t as high
Reply 3
I do psych at kcl and i got mostly a’s/a’s in gcse with 1 B and a U. They won’t care. I got predicted a*aa and i got an offer. As long as youve got good subjects and good predicted grades ur calm. Msg me w any more q’s :smile:
Original post by fnaejofaof
I do psych at kcl and i got mostly a’s/a’s in gcse with 1 B and a U. They won’t care. I got predicted a*aa and i got an offer. As long as youve got good subjects and good predicted grades ur calm. Msg me w any more q’s :smile:

Thank you for your response! My concern is that my gcse grade was a 6 in chem and even though is toed really hard to get a better grade for a level, (A*) they’ll think it’s not ‘authentic’.
Reply 5
Thank you for your response! My concern is that my gcse grade was a 6 in chem and even though is toed really hard to get a better grade for a level, (A*) they’ll think it’s not ‘authentic’.

Tbf i dont think they’ll look at ur gcse grades unless theyre undecided on your application, which if ur predicted a*aa they shouldnt be

Tbf i dont think they’ll look at ur gcse grades unless theyre undecided on your application, which if ur predicted a*aa they shouldnt be

Okay thank you so much! If you don’t mind me asking, what did you get the B and U in?

They genuinely won't. People massively overstate the importance of GCSEs. As long as you achieve a 6 in English and Maths (which you have), you're golden, so stop worrying about it :smile:
Reply 8
Okay thank you so much! If you don’t mind me asking, what did you get the B and U in?

Got a B in PE and a U in physics (i j didnt sit it)

would it be silly to to resit chem? (Even if I know I’ll get a higher grade?)
would it be silly to to resit chem? (Even if I know I’ll get a higher grade?)

yes it’s pointless, deal with it if it comes to it. they knly care what a levels you got honestly dont stress

Hi!
I know I’m a stranger to this conversation, however could I message you about my subjects and if applying for Psychology is a lost hope with my subjects?

Hii I got a U in a subject unrelated to the degree I wanna study. (Did you mention this U on your ucas application?)
Original post by username6891763
Hii I got a U in a subject unrelated to the degree I wanna study. (Did you mention this U on your ucas application?)

I just want you to be aware that not declaring your grades in UCAS is technically fraud and if the universities find out, it's reason enough for them to withdraw any offers you might have received. You have to report this grade.
Original post by username6891763

Hi yeah i did i just put it down as U

Quick Reply

Latest