The Student Room Group

SQA Post Your Results! (9th August 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Advanced Higher English- A
Higher Spanish- A
Higher Politics- A
Higher Business- A

I'm doing law and politics at Edinhurgh next year.
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Fantastic results - it's so great when you do a bit better than you hoped. Hopefully your confidence will take a boost now.

Sounds like you always do your best and you're well supported by great teachers. Education is working well for you!

I love what you say about 'all the worrying'. We're just putting together an article about that and would love to use that quote. Is that OK?

Yes, of course!

Thank you for your kind words!
Original post by rayquaza17
Wow well done for your results and for surpassing your targets in two subjects!!

Original post by usycool1
Congrats :biggrin:

Thank you!!
Original post by DanielCampbell
Yes, of course!

Thank you for your kind words!

The article is called 'How to stop worrying about your exam results'. We'll be publishing it later in the week. Thanks for permission to use a quote from you.
Original post by stormqwd
I got
Higher Maths- A
Higher physics- C
Higher biology- B
Higher Business Management- B
Higher Accounting- A

Original post by Flk10
Advanced Higher English- AHigher Spanish- AHigher Politics- AHigher Business- AI'm doing law and politics at Edinhurgh next year.

Wow, amazing everyone!! well done
I got
Higher Maths- A
Higher physics- C
Higher biology- B
Higher Business Management- B
Higher Accounting- A

I was pretty certain that I got an A in Biology and Business management as the exam went soo well. I want to study Accounting and finance at University but now it seems like i can no longer get into a good uni for the course. I put in so much effort into my exams and got so little out of it.

Omg I thought I got an A in bio as well! I'm getting my paper re-marked though. Was quite disappointed with my grades but anyway, might go abroad to study dentistry. Well done everyone! 👍🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry I'm sure it'll all work out :smile: I'm in the same boat and I'm sure others are too. I'm exploring going abroad as well as other options. It's so tough when you study so hard and in the end don't get the results you wanted... But it'll all work out soon! Don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Totally gutted with my results this year :frown:

Last years National 5 results were:
- Admin & IT A
- Art & Design A
- Biology B
- Business Management A
- Chemistry A
- English A
- French A
- Mathematics B

However this years Higher results are a completely different story:
- Chemistry C
- English B
- French A
- Human Biology C
- Mathematics D

I'm hoping to apply to study French & Spanish/Italian in 2017 but not sure how things will go with these results. Tried my best, didn't appear to be good enough...
Reply 148
Mines didn't come either :/ Sqa advised me to phone the school and ask for a replacement l, but I think I might just go to the post office too. Do you just go up to them and ask for your results or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
All N5s

English - A
Spanish - A
Computing Science - A
Modern Studies - A
Geography - A
Music - A
Biology - C
Maths - F

I knew I'd failed Maths, I'd already picked National 5 again for next year :colondollar: I'm just happy to pass Biology, I'll never need it again though lol. I can't believe I got an A in Geography, I thought I would've been lucky to scrape a pass, and my assignment wasn't the best :eek:

I'm doing Higher English, Spanish, Computing and Modern Studies and N5 Maths next year.
Original post by Doshi....
Omg I thought I got an A in bio as well! I'm getting my paper re-marked though. Was quite disappointed with my grades but anyway, might go abroad to study dentistry. Well done everyone! 👍🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will definitely try my best to get mine remarked but I fear that if I say that I thought I got an A in the exam it won't be a good enough reason for my school to send a request for it to get remarked. Do you have any other excuses I could use?
I will definitely try my best to get mine remarked but I fear that if I say that I thought I got an A in the exam it won't be a good enough reason for my school to send a request for it to get remarked. Do you have any other excuses I could use?

I spoke to my school and they said I was only off an A by 4-5 marks so it was definitely worth a re-mark... I needed bio so badly as well so I went for it... Best thing probably is to ask the school :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations everyone on receiving fantastic results!! :biggrin:
I'm happy with my results.

Dreading it for Higher tho, But hopefully I can replicate the same.

Good luck for next year guys!
Original post by Doshi....
I spoke to my school and they said I was only off an A by 4-5 marks so it was definitely worth a re-mark... I needed bio so badly as well so I went for it... Best thing probably is to ask the school :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK Thanks, Best of luck with your remark :smile:
OK Thanks, Best of luck with your remark :smile:

Thanks all the best to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone did so great! I'm shocked at those of you who think your excellent grades are a letdown. If you guys think you did badly, my grades must have been worthy of a beheading (22222335 at Standard Grade; then ABCC at Higher and that took me three sittings!!). And I still went on to get a degree. It took a little longer than most people as I dropped out of sixth year and had to through several years of college, but I got there in the end and if you're truly determined then you will too. Even if you didn't meet your offer it's only the end of the road if you choose to let it be. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Alright, may as well post mine:

Higher Modern Studies - A
Higher Geography - A
Higher Computing Science - A
Higher Physics - C

The ones on here make mine look dreadful! Some very talented people on this forum.
Original post by thedominator6123
Alright, may as well post mine:

Higher Modern Studies - A
Higher Geography - A
Higher Computing Science - A
Higher Physics - C

The ones on here make mine look dreadful! Some very talented people on this forum.

Your results are excellent and you should be proud of them - not at all 'dreadful'.

I guess if you get amazing results you're a bit more comfortable with posting them.
im so happy. i got straight As at nat 5 for 3 sciences, maths, english, german, music, geography

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending