The Student Room Group

Poll: How long would you sentence two consenting adults for having sex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gman786
You guys are seriously sick. How can you have the nerve to justify incest?

How can you have the nerve to condemn two otherwise perfectly law-abiding, tax-paying human beings to criminal punishment for simply choosing to have protected sex with each other; on the grounds that you personally disapprove of it. They don't want to tell you who to screw and who not to, so get out of their lives.

Nobody here is trying to advocate for it, by the way; we're only defending people's right to engage in it if they so choose, and if it's safe and consensual.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Lavaridge
How can you have the nerve to condemn two otherwise perfectly law-abiding, tax-paying human beings to criminal punishment for simply choosing to have protected sex with each other; on the grounds that you personally disapprove of it. They don't want to tell you who to screw and who not to, so get out of their lives.

Nobody here is trying to advocate for it, by the way; we're only defending people's right to engage in it if they so choose, and if it's safe and consensual.

Who are you to advocate such an atrocious act? What power do you have apart from free speech? What knowledge do you posses which allowed you to come to the conclusion that incest is fine? Did you look at the pros and cons?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gman786
Who are you to advocate such an atrocious act?

Original post by Lavaridge

{...} Nobody here is trying to advocate for it, by the way {...}

Original post by Gman786

What power do you have apart from free speech

I don't understand the question. What do I need besides free speech to argue for people's individual liberties?

Original post by Gman786

What knowledge do you posses which allowed you to come to the conclusion that incest is fine? Did you look at the pros and cons?

Whether it's fine depends on people's individual circumstances, like any sex. The only knowledge I need is that it's harmless to the rest of society (ie, me and you) as long as they don't try to have children. Looking at the pros and cons of the individual case and making the final decision is a job for the adults involved.
(edited 7 years ago)
No prison sentence but perhaps something like a restraining order or a legal prevention of sexual activity.
Reply 44
depends how good looking the family members are...

Spoiler

Reply 45
I assume this is in response to that couple in America where the son shacked up with his mum in the trailer park and was busted thanks to the neighbours?
It's almost too perfect a cliche an incestuous couple living in a trailor park in america :rolleyes:

Either way I say there should be some sort of deterrant, jail might not be the best option but never the less. Especially given what the mum in that case said that she'd choose hooking up with her formerly estranged son over her other 6 children [who have all been taken from her]...repellent. Not to mention any fruit of their relationship could well have nasty birth defects.

Quick Reply

Latest