The Student Room Group

18 year old having sex with a 56 year old?

Hi all

My sister shortly after she turned 18 got seduced by my moms friends dad who is 56 and they have a sex only relationship. The guy doesn't look his age, but my parents are mad, what do you think about this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by unknown444x
oh yeh thats crazy icl to you my dad woudve killed him thats ****ed up he deserves jail shes 18 and hes a whole grown man

18 is adult. Its gross but what if the genders were reversed?
oh yeh thats crazy icl to you my dad woudve killed him thats ****ed up he deserves jail shes 18 and hes a whole grown man

He should be in prison for having consensual sex with another adult?

As long as she’s happy, I don’t see why it’s anybody else’s business. She has agency and can make her own decisions about who to have sex with.
Original post by Anonymous #1
18 is adult. Its gross but what if the genders were reversed?

even if the genders were reversed it would still be wrong, this isnt about gender roles obviously 18 is legal age and an adult but he is too grown in my opinion, he may have seen her as vulnerable and seduced her on purpose cause he saw her as young, this is all my opinion tho
Original post by Anonymous #2
He should be in prison for having consensual sex with another adult?

As long as she’s happy, I don’t see why it’s anybody else’s business. She has agency and can make her own decisions about who to have sex with.

u asked for opinions, and thats my opinion is you think a 38year age gap is normal then do you but for me it dont add up.
u asked for opinions, and thats my opinion is you think a 38year age gap is normal then do you but for me it dont add up.

I didn’t ask for opinions, I’m not op.

But just to add: I don’t think it’s “normal”, gaps like that are atypical by definition and it does raise some questions about background/how long it’s been going on for etc, but fundamentally as long as she’s happy that’s really all that matters.
I didn’t ask for opinions, I’m not op.

Are you okay? you said "what do you guys think of this" i saw what you posted and told you what i think?
i have no say in who is having sex with who i quite franky dont care but for me it doesnt sit right but i completely respect your sisters decisions
But just to add: I don’t think it’s “normal”, gaps like that are atypical by definition and it does raise some questions about background/how long it’s been going on for etc, but fundamentally as long as she’s happy that’s really all that matters.

yes i completely agree shes literally legal adult age if shes okay with it deep down then each to their own
just to add i may have exaggerated a bit when i said he deserves jail as i dont know the nature of the relationship but dont take what i said personally i just said what i think.
Are you okay? you said "what do you guys think of this" i saw what you posted and told you what i think?
i have no say in who is having sex with who i quite franky dont care but for me it doesnt sit right but i completely respect your sisters decisions

No I didn’t haha, I’m not the person who made the original post.
No I didn’t haha, I’m not the person who made the original post.

Oh my bad i got mixed up cause both of you guys are have anonymous on your tag name
Unusual but legal. So what?
Reply 12
I’m with your parents. Irrespective of what way round it might be this age difference is distasteful
She is an adult and is responsible for herself. I would never do this, but it does not matter. I don't condemn her because I don't know your sister.
Reply 14
I would condemn him though
If it's just sex then the age gap matters less than if they were in an actual relationship.

But a lot depends on the nuances in how he's gotten to know her. If he's a family friend who's been around the family for years then that's definitely a red flag as watching a girl, a literal child, grow up, and then waiting until she's 18 to have a sexual relationship with her is so predatory.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by bones-mccoy
If it's just sex then the age gap matters less than if they were in an actual relationship.

But a lot depends on the nuances in how he's gotten to know her. If he's a family friend who's been around the family for years then that's definitely a red flag as watching a girl, a literal child, grow up, and then waiting until she's 18 to have a sexual relationship with her is so predatory.

He hasn't been around her, he saw her once or twice when we visited our friend. That was many years ago.
He hasn't been around her, he saw her once or twice when we visited our friend. That was many years ago.

Yeah that's still weird. They first met when she was a child and he a full grown man. Gross.
Reply 18
Original post by bones-mccoy
Yeah that's still weird. They first met when she was a child and he a full grown man. Gross.

What would you do in my situation if it was your sister?
What would you do in my situation if it was your sister?

Better question would be: what did you do in this situation? do you condemn your sister?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending