The Student Room Group

Should the police bother investigating such a thing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
How else are they going to inflate hate crime numbers?

It is why the words racist and misogynist have lost their meaning they are used commonly and it dilutes the meaning of the word

I wonder if it will include the things the bbc investigated which found that at one point in their life a male had looked in the general direction of a woman and classed it as a form of sexual abuse

The BBC is utter *******s.
Original post by 41b
How about you continue on over here and I give you two fingers :wink:

Dream on.
Reply 22
Original post by Nimrahk123
Dream on.

I will.

Goodnight :ahee:
Original post by 41b
I will.

Goodnight :ahee:

:rolleyes:
Goodnight.
Yes. Definitely. So many women have their confidence shattered when they are constantly being catcalled by men. It's so uncomfortable and I think no amount of sexual harassment should be tolerated. I'm glad we can now prosecute such sick and backwards people. They don't have this culture in places like the middle east, people are respectful of women over there.
'What you in for?'
'I whistled at someone'

10/10 Apex of human evolution.

Don't get me wrong. Actual physical assault should always be prosecuted, but saying 'mean things' to someone should never be cause for prosecution, no matter how offensive or disgusting they are.
(edited 7 years ago)
Some of you have no idea do you? You've got no idea what it's like being out minding your own business and having some creep asking you if you want to go out with him. He doesn't take no for an answer. He doesn't seem to care how he's making you feel or that you've got no interest in dating him, despite you making excuses to get away from him.

It's not just having some guy wolf whistle at you. It's far more than that.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Some of you have no idea do you? You've got no idea what it's like being out minding your own business and having some creep asking you if you want to go out with him. He doesn't take no for an answer. He doesn't seem to care how he's making you feel or that you've got no interest in dating him, despite you making excuses to get away from him.

It's not just having some guy wolf whistle at you. It's far more than that.

and that would surely be stalking, anti-social behavior, threats etc? Something you don't need gender specific legislation for?

I mean obviously more women are stalked/approached inappropriately by men, but it isn't a one sided crime and studies look at stalking behavior in both genders.

I mean would this man https://www.theguardian.com/uk/shortcuts/2012/aug/31/nothing-funny-about-being-stalked, require some sort of misandry legislation to help him? I'd hope everyone would just be able to use the same non-gender based law tbh. I mean in this case it's already quite clear in a hypothetical situation a women stalker gets more legal support then a male stalking victim (when she lies to the police and is believed over him...gender related?)

Police should treat such behavior seriously as although extreme it can end up leading to very serious consequences such as murder from unhinged individuals. Just unsure if causing what would be considered sexist activity from men as a hate crime, but not for potential misandry, is very helpful when we already have the issue of men feeling they can't come forward as they won't be taken as seriously. I mean I imagine homosexual scenarios of inappropriateness happen as well, it isn't a hate crime, it's purely that they're sexually attracted to the same gender.

My friend back in six-form went out with a guy who after he paid for a meal and took her to the bus stop went in to kiss her on mouth (and not just a peck), she didn't want to do that so pusbed away, he grabbed her and got very aggressive, this was with other people at the bus stop so luckily someone stepped in, but shows how some think they can get away with it, but again it's not an attack on women because they're women. The male creep isn't sexist per-se, it's simply women will be the victims as he's heterosexual, as will males for a female who behaves as such.

Part of the course so I wouldn't involve the police but if as a waiter a group of middle aged women who''ve had too much wine slap me on the arse as I walk past and make comment about me being desirable (and if you serve the table...multiple comments)...can I use some sort of misandry legislation? Though...again I'd hope to use some sort of non-gender based sexual assault law. I mean in fairness if a group of men were doing this to a young waitress..these days something would probably be said, so assuming we're equal...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Tiger Rag
Le sigh. Having some random guy approach you IS creepy. Especially when he doesn't appear to understand that you're not interested. And no, I'm not "santa's little snowflake". Don't I have the right to go out without feeling so ****ing creeped out by some **** who thinks it's ok to approach some random woman? He couldn't understand why I didn't want to go out with him. Well, why the hell would I? Especially when he says "we won't do anything sexual yet".

Being approached by random guys in the street is creepy and not ok. I don't understand why you appear to think it is? And no, I'm not mentally ill. I'd question whether someone who thinks it's ok to approach a random woman in the street, is.

I'm sorry but I meant It, and I'm not even trying to troll. (Random) Men approaching women is a large part of how the human species has reproduced. Personally I think arranged marriages are a better system because they stop men sexually exploiting women, throwing them away and ruining them for other men, but you are likely opposed to that too, because your position is based 100% on passing emotions and not any consistent understanding of reality.

Perhaps you were raped or molested in childhood and you have repressed memories (again, not trolling - a huge number of social justice warriors were abused in childhood, and take it out on the world). It's nothing to be ashamed about. Being repulsed by all men is, however, something to be ashamed about. There's clearly something going on with you, and it would be better for everyone if you got the help you needed.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Are you a ancap?

Yes I am.
Original post by generallee
Pathetic. Who says western civilisation is doomed?

We'll be arguing about this kind of ballocks as the Islamists kick down the back door brandishing Kalashnikovs...

what's religion got to do with any of this? :confused:
Original post by 41b
Lesbian feminists in power trying to criminalise masculinity so they can have all the young cooch for themselves.

Ignore /Ridicule/Openly Diss. These dunces are on the way out and they know it.

so you wouldn't mind an older looking guy hollering at your sister or mother on the streets and not taking no for an answer? Or slapped her ass?? Would you then say to her to not worry because it's normal.

* Sometimes the guy gets angry if you don't respond a certain way or not at all and takes offence and even verbally abuses the girl. It's about time men went about this In a decent way*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by In Uranus
Yes. Definitely. So many women have their confidence shattered when they are constantly being catcalled by men. It's so uncomfortable and I think no amount of sexual harassment should be tolerated. I'm glad we can now prosecute such sick and backwards people. They don't have this culture in places like the middle east, people are respectful of women over there.

Looks like you're a troll.
Reply 33
Am I the only one that sees girls cat calling/making lewd comments to guys all the time too?
Has no one ever walked past a group of chavvy teenage girls or a bunch of 40-something housewives on a night out?
Difference is guys just don't give a ****.
Reply 34
Original post by MJ1012
Am I the only one that sees girls cat calling/making lewd comments to guys all the time too?
Has no one ever walked past a group of chavvy teenage girls or a bunch of 40-something housewives on a night out?

Which just goes to show what the actual problem is - manners and respect. Chavy girls and drunk housewives have neither, hence their behavior. Same goes for many men.

And by the way, two wrongs don't make a right.
Original post by Electrospective
The police are now going to investigate misogyny as it's own category of hate-crime. Is this something the police should waste resources on?
They can investigate cat-calling but not prostitution rings.... :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37023761
There's the link. Let me know what you think.

Spoiler

lols the UK will soon become like Sweden.

Goodbye sweet Britannia
Original post by MJ1012

I went for a run in a tank top and this chav girl crudely asked to feel my muscles, I was deeply triggered by the event and I've retreated into my safe space where I'm currently receiving therapy to get me over this ordeal.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
Yes I am.

Dont Violate my Nap. and btw I have a monopoly on the word yes so please refrain from using it or I will send my private militia around
I thought that vid was satire at first.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Dont Violate my Nap. and btw I have a monopoly on the word yes so please refrain from using it or I will send my private militia around

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending